Thread: Will factory bottom metal on Mod. 11 work with Boyd's Classic stock?

Basic Member

Will factory bottom metal on Mod. 11 work with Boyd's Classic stock?

I'm going to build a 6.5 Creedmoor, and will probably start with an 11 Trophy Hunter for the action. Has anyone put one of those actions in a Boyd's Classic, and if so, did you have to buy another set of bottom metal for the configuration to work, or will the factory Savage parts work with the Boyd's stock? Someone told me there was a model that required aftermarket bottom metal. Man, oh, man!

In the wise words of that whimsical sage, Roseanne Rosana Dana, "It's always somethin."
    "Do you trust the government?" If the answer is 'Yes,' you can accurately surmise they don't understand the original intent of the 2nd Amendment.

Basic Member
    Yep. You were told right. Just call Savage Customer service, tell them what you have and what yuo wanna do and they will send you the two parts you need. One is plastic and I believe the other is metal. Total is about $17 plus shipping.

The other option is to upgrade to the original 10/110 detachable box magazine with metal bottom metal and a sprung, metal retaining clip. That system runs about $125 plus shipping. I like the traditional one much better, but both will work... sorta. Jury is still out on the TH DBM, but I'll hold my tongue for now. :) A lot of people are happy with it. I guess it depends upon your particular gun.

The Boyd's Classic is a great stock for the money. I have a left hand stock for the right hand action. Very nice.

Yep I just did this last week myself. Savage customer service was very helpful and knew exactly what I needed. $21 shipped to Az.

Basic Member
    Sounds simple enough. I have a Predator Hunter Max with DBM in 6.5x284. I has functioned flawlessly through approximately 200 rounds, so no complaints here. Just not sure if the Trophy Hunter parts will function the same. We'll see. Unless of course I come across an older model at a shop somewhere.

Thanks a bunch, fellers.
    "Do you trust the government?" If the answer is 'Yes,' you can accurately surmise they don't understand the original intent of the 2nd Amendment.