Thread: Savage trigger or rifle basix trigger or other

Bearguide444

Savage trigger or rifle basix trigger or other

Question has anyone switched to a rifle basix trigger from a stock non accu trigger? Did you try to adjust your savage trigger first and then switch or did the adjusted savage trigger work just as well if not better than the Basix trigger? I'm kinda stuck on whether to try and adjust my savage trigger or go with another. would like to hear your thoughts

If you have a 3 screw you can adjust them down to a crisp 2.5 pounds fairly safe. Just be aware that lighter triggers are inherently more dangerous so to speak. If you have experience it is quite easy to do.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Team Savage
    Go Rifle Basix and don't look back!
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

JTCrl
    Depends on what the rifle is used for.

Bearguide444
    thanks for all those that have replied I will be using this on a hunting rifle but I like to do what I can to my rifles to make them more user friendly.

Basic Member
    I have really enjoyed and have full confidence in the RB SAV-1. Have used them in 3 rifles now and it's just too easy to work with and fine tune to what I want with a 1.5-2lbs trigger on my comp gun, but breaks just as crisp at higher pull weights if needed.

Basic Member
    Yes, you can improve a 3 screw fairly easily by just replacing the spring. If you're real good you can hone the trigger and sear to be as good as the RB Sav-1. (The RB savage-1 is basically the same thing but it is already honed for you).

Personally, I like SSS Comp Trigger better than either of those, but RB is good, too.

Basic Member
    I have installed a Rifle-Basix SAV-2 and worked a Savage 3 screw trigger. For hunting I like the factory trigger (after I stoned and polished it), you will be surprised how nice a 2.5 lb trigger feels. Like foxx said replacing the spring and polishing the surfaces will do wonders for trigger feel and weight.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.