I bought this rifle in June (upgrade from air rifles) and found out after 6 months and approximately 800 rounds I am a accuracy and precision junky- I expect all my shots touching at 100 yards within 1/8th of an inch from the bullseye, but reality is also hovering right above me so here are my questions for my next upgrade of a short and longer term goal.

• I have found the rifle would be great for hunting on cold bore shot out to approximately 500 yards.
  • The barrel heats up every time anywhere from 15-20 shots before it stabilizes (measured action using IR therm.)
  • Muzzle Velocity- Standard Deviation shifts depending on the day anywhere from 10-20 STDEV. MV will vary from 2,780 to 2,842 on 60-62 degree day.
  • I have about 1k of brass that I reload in .223 and would like to continue using this abundantly available brass and round.
  • To date the only modification I have made is adding JB Weld to the action lug area (Gunwerks youtube video how to) and will be testing this weekend.

So here is what I would like to do:
Purchase a a Varmint/Target barrel to have more fun at the range hitting targets anywhere from 100-600 yards. I am using a 69 gn Nosler Competition round so I can hear the gong on the silhouette or see the movement of the hanging ones and know I hit it. I also work on the paper targets at 50, 100 and 200 yards.
  • Any suggestions on a barrel not too expensive that is better than the OEM's?
  • Any great benefit by changing caliber?
  • Will the thick barrel help with the MV variations and reduce my STDEV?
  • If I add a Varmint/ Target barrel I will need to change stocks to fit the thick barrel. Any recommendation on a stock in the $200-$250 range?
  • Any rules apply to these changes if I attempt F class shooting to 600 yards?

Longer-term plan
Saving up to purchase one of these contenders:
  • M1 Garand National
  • Savage Action build in 308 or Savage 12 F/T
  • Remington 700 build

Loads
69 grain Nosler Competion
Lapua .223 Match brass 1.75 trimmed and chamfered
XBR8208 23 grain or Hodgdons Benchmark 23 grain
CCI BR-4 and 400 primers.