Thread: Savage 110 7mm rem mag

Brandobamo

Savage 110 7mm rem mag

I am not sure how to use these website but I need help my new to me savage model 110 7mm ten mag does not eject. I do not know if it is not supposed to it if it's broke any help welcome thank you

We need a bit more information. Is your 7mm mag a detachable magazine model? Some pictures would help.

On the front of the bolt face, there is a plunger that is supposed to be protruding from the face when there is no cartridge attached. That plunger is the ejector. A blown or leaking primer can damage that plunger or its spring and make it inoperable. With a ball point pen or other object, depress the plunger and make sure it's able to move. If it doesn't protrude from the bolt face, it's damaged and needs to be replaced. If it doesn't move when you try to depress it, it's damaged and needs to be replaced. Some early Savage rifles have the ejector built into the magazine, if your rifle doesn't have an ejector in the bolt face and relies on the magazine for ejection, I have not had to mess with one yet so I have no tips for you on them.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

If you have an older Savage, your problem could also be the extractor. Does the empty case fall off the bolt before it can be ejected? A fairly common fix for that is a larger detent ball (.140") under the extractor.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.