Thread: model 111 bolt help

savagehunter1

model 111 bolt help

Hello guys I need some help from the experts around here. I have a model 111 hunter xp in 30-06 and I had 2 rounds not detonate and noticed upon inspection that the firing pin had not fully striked the primer. So I dissasembled the bolt and found a spring that might be broke. The problem is that all videos and pics I see the bolt parts are different. My spring on my bolt is about 1 inch long and everybody elses is 3 to 4 inches long . Why ? I have made a video to post it here . Disassembling the bolt . I just havent seen anyone with same bolt help . All suggestions are thanked and welcomed let me know if you all need the video site its on you tube .

You have new style non adjustable firing pin. The spring is not broke. It is the same style being used in Axis. If you reload, shoulder of brass may be set back to far/over sized, this can cause firing pin to not strike primer with enough force to set it off.

savagehunter1
    Quote Originally Posted by short round View Post
    You have new style non adjustable firing pin. The spring is not broke. It is the same style being used in Axis. If you reload, shoulder of brass may be set back to far/over sized, this can cause firing pin to not strike primer with enough force to set it off.
    I had new brass . Dont think it was brass maybe it was dirty ive shot about 750 pluss rounds out of it. And hadnt cleaned it maybe it was dirty . I put it back together and its working fine . But I still dont know. Is the old firing pin adjustable and is that good

ironworkerwill
    Is the old firing pin adjustable and is that good
    Yes, the old one is adjustable in tension and protrusion.

savagehunter1
    Quote Originally Posted by short round View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ironworkerwill View Post
    Yes, the old one is adjustable in tension and protrusion.
    Thanks alot to all you guys for your help .