Thread: 93R17 FV SR Compensator...

KingstonRoadGunners

93R17 FV SR Compensator...

Just a thought...anyone every use one of these on there gun...and if you have please post a photo...

Thank you...

A compensator is generally used to reduce muzzle jump and/or recoil. Considering the 22LR has neither using one one a 22 rifle is kinda pointless unless.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Harrysnippe

93r17 compensator

I guess there is not much to do with reciol or muzzle jump on an .22 rimfire . Maybe one would be intersted in noise reduction instead .

I see the new Landry's boys Savage 22 Mag has a 16 inch barrel that is threaded .If you can tune in to the " swamp people" on Tv then you can see this gun in action as the Landrys go after gaters . I like the stock pattern, but then the last place you want a compensator .

I would like to see this stock pattern on a Hog Hunter rifle and add a detachable mag.The Landrys seem to quicky forget to reload .LoL.Then too for the bush if your on the move in and out of the truck , over fence's going from one place to another it is nice to load and unloadquckly using a Magazine.
    Last edited by Harrysnippe; 02-19-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Spl

A compensator will make it louder, not quieter.

As for that tv show, I wasted a few minutes watching part of an episode of "Swamp People" a few weeks ago while flipping through channels. Here's what I found to be insanely funny....

Old man Landry is pulling a gator into the boat, yells a boy to get rifle and shoot it.

Boy grabs rifle (Savage Mark II or 93R), shoulders it and pulls the trigger - click - forgot to put the magazine in it.

Camera shows boy scrambling around back of boat to find magazine

Boy finds it, puts it in and again takes aim...

Camera shot changes to down-barrel view - and this is where it gets hinky...in this shot it's clearly a 10/22 platform being used

Camera switches angles again just as you hear the crack of a shot and now shows the boy magically holding a Savage again.

Like all reality tv shows it's total BS and so scripted it's not even funny, and for the life of me I can't even begin to understand why Savage would tie themselves to such nonsense when there are so many quality hunting shows out there they could sponsor, but I digress...
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

KingstonRoadGunners
    I know I asked about this...my daughter thought it was kool...the best $19.00 I spent in awhile...I can put the suppressor on it when needed...