Thread: Accurate mag bottom metal

Luke45

Accurate mag bottom metal

Guys, I have a 338 edge on the ultra long rum action top bolt release blind mag( can load to 3.65" in mag) and want to load my bullets out far and still be a repeater. if I ordered a Boyd's tacticool and accurate mag bottom metal would that work? I could load out to 3.8 and still have a repeater?

Also if I took the internal mag off the factory action can it turn to detachable mag with just a change in stock /bottom metal?

For an RUM case would the 300wm mags work or would u get a lapua?

Stagger feed mag opening is not compatible with the Accurate Mag bottom metal. You'll have to mill the magazine opening to match a center feed magazine opening. This is why I feel a regular centerfeed magnum action is a better candidate for a RUM repeater build than the old RUM actions.

I'd use a 300wm magazine, but I think either will work. However, either one will have to get the front rib milled out. The 300win and the Lapua have a shorter shoulder than the RUM.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Luke45
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Stagger feed mag opening is not compatible with the Accurate Mag bottom metal. You'll have to mill the magazine opening to match a center feed magazine opening. This is why I feel a regular centerfeed magnum action is a better candidate for a RUM repeater build than the old RUM actions.

I'd use a 300wm magazine, but I think either will work. However, either one will have to get the front rib milled out. The 300win and the Lapua have a shorter shoulder than the RUM.
    Thanks! My barrel is a large shank so I don't know if I can find a large shank long action centerfeed action to convert? Do they even exist? I would think the only centerfeed large shanks would be WSM correct? Maybe I'll just put a single shot follower in it an call it a day!

Any of the current Savage actions that are chambered in 375 Ruger are centerfeed large shank long actions.

You can use your RUM action, just get the mag opening opened up to match a centerfeed action.

Then, yes, the Tacticool (now called Pro-Varmint) and the Accurate Mag setup would work well.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Basic Member
    CDI makes bottom metal for the staggered feed long action. Run it on a 6.5-06 with AICS 300WM mags.

Problem with CDI is that it needs a special inlet.

Accurate-mag is the maker for Savage so it fits the factory inlet.

PTG also make a factory inlet DBM.

Basic Member
    If he's already getting another stock then its an option.

Boyds only offers blind or factory inlet.

Dimwit

Accurate mag bottom metal

CDI will occasionally run a free inletting promo, if I'm not mistaken. Even then, their fee for inletting your stock is pretty economical.

reynoldsfamily3
    I got a Choate Tactical LA during their last free inletting special, but as Domwit said, they don't charge much to inlet. That way you know it will fit.