This is my after-action report for a recent experience with Criterion Barrels, Inc.
The short version of this report is: Exemplary customer service second to none, from a company that fully stands behind its product at all costs.

Here's the longer version of this report:
I ordered a Criterion match barrel from Jim and Northland Shooters Supply. The barrel arrived only a few days later, and I was testing loads that the same week. I followed a delicate break-in procedure, and the barrel shot same-hole groups at 100 yards and 1" groups at 330 yards. After a match approximately 400 rounds in, there was a thick layer of copper fouling visible down the muzzle. While troubleshooting this problem here in the forums, a Criterion rep named Josh reached out and offered to have the new barrel lapped again.

The barrel was sent back using a shipping label CBI provided, and when it arrived at their facility Criterion sent me an email detailing the work order. Around this same time I discovered the fouling was the result of bad advice in the form of three inches of Devcon under-barrel bedding. In spite of this, Criterion held true to their word and refinished my barrel. Days later I received another call from Criterion rep named Stephanie explaining the barrel was on its way back to me. An email followed soon after containing tracking information.

Once the refinished barrel arrived, I gave it a thorough inspection. Criterion re-lapped and re-crowned the barrel, but there was a small patch of tiny scratches on the lands visible from the muzzle. I contacted Criterion by email and attached photos illustrating my findings. Within minutes a call came with apologies, and an email with a return shipping label. Criterion reps remembered that I was planning to have a muzzle brake put on, and offered to do it for me if included with the return barrel. Josh painstakingly collected the details for a new barrel order, and explained the process. Within days, a completely unexpected personal apology letter and embroidered cap arrived from Criterion Barrels.
I sent the parts to CBI in late November, less than four weeks later I've got a brand new barrel with fitted and timed muzzle brake in my hands. Everything fit together and aligned perfectly, and I'm excited for the 2015 competitive season!

The customer service demonstrated by Josh at Criterion Barrels has been absolutely second to NONE. I have never in my whole entire life experienced customer service to this level of professionalism and courtesy; most especially not from anybody relating to the firearms industry. Lupold Optics is the only other industry-related company to go above and beyond, and even they don't come close. I'm already deciding what barrel to have them build next, because they've earned a life-long customer.

Thank you, Criterion Barrel. I hope that other companies learn from your example and strive to follow in your footsteps.