Thread: Will Savage ever offer a Long Target Action?

McKinneyMike

Will Savage ever offer a Long Target Action?

I have been hoping that Savage would eventually offer their Target Action in a long version, but have never heard anything to suggest that it would happen. Surely they see the success of the Target Action and hopefully I am not the only person on the planet that would love to have one in a long action version.

Cycler

Re: Will Savage ever offer a Long Target Action?

Short actions are a bit stiffer and most of the best and serious modern target rounds fit into a short action so I don't think Savage believes there is any significant market for a long action in target form.

dcloco

I wish they would. Would capture the big cartridge market with a large shank, long action, repeater OR single shot, stainless action.

Uncle Jack

Don't get your hopes up. I'm still waiting for a LH short action.

uj

McKinneyMike

Quote Originally Posted by dcloco
    I wish they would. Would capture the big cartridge market with a large shank, long action, repeater OR single shot, stainless action.

AMEN!

Basic Member

+1 for me, I would like one, especially if it had a HS stock.

Savage does not offer a long action, large shank, heavy barrel with a HS stock.

I would like to see a Weather Warrior (stainless steel) built on a long, large shank, target action with a detachable magazine, HS stock, and a varmint profile barrel or a 30 inch bull barrel would be great also.

Offered in the classics, like 25-06, .270, 30-06 and also 7Mag, 300 Win Mag, 7 RUM, and 300 RUM.

Is that too much? ;D

McKinneyMike

I would think not! At least not for me :)

Basic Member

You got my vote! I'd like to see a large shank long target action too. I'd also like to see a single shot and repeater. Just personal because I know they haven't had any trouble with the standard shank but I like the large shank better for the magnums. I just like the little bit of extra steel around the chamber. That's why I had my long action converted to the large shank and I love it! I tried to find a large shank ultra mag action but didn't have much luck so I just sent mine off to Jim See at Center Shot Rifles and had him convert mine for me. I have another one in my safe that I'm going to send to him as soon as I have a chance to have it converted to large shank too. Some people still use calibers like the 300 win mag for long range shooting and it works better with a long action. It will work single shot in a short action but to remove a live round you have to remove the bolt which can be kind of a pain.

pd721el

+1000 for me, think of all the 338 edge's that would be built on a LA target action.

mopar440

i think the closes thing is a old rum action getting hard to find or the new BA 110 if they would have offer the BA action only i would be happy

neither of these is a "target" action due to they are usually single shot the the target trigger and 3 screw action but the new BA action i think would be a great action to start with if savage would start selling them i dont think it would that hard due to its less work for them to sell just action they already make but they probly make more money on the rifles but i guess they make enough money the short targets to start making them in different ports seems like a simply step to me just to sell a few BA and see how it goes