Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

I edited the title of this thread to be more accurate and remove the false "fake" claim.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Twinsen
    Sounds good, JB.

After hacksawing down the action bolt and cleaning it up a bit with a file, I locked it back down and got to sighting it in. Took an entire cartridge and zero clicks. I've decided I like this rifle a lot and will duracoat it. I think the Accustock is cool.

Basic Member
    But you missed

Twinsen
    ):

I guess I should sell it then... *sniff*

Basic Member
    I was kinda curious to what kind of group it shot

Action bolts for wood-stocked Savage rifles are longer than the bolts used for Tupperware stocks. Most likely, Accurate Mag ships their hardware with bolts of sufficient length to fit either stock design, leaving it up to the user to trim if necessary. If you decide later to change to a wood stock, your current bolts will be too short to work correctly. Just a heads up so you don't feel bent over again when you upgrade the stock....:)
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Twinsen
    Like 4-5 inches at 300 yards. Not good ammo.

Basic Member
    Still not bad for a new gun and factory fodder

Twinsen
    Amazingly good for that ammo. ***** is a keeper.

Basic Member
    Are you new to guns? Sounds like it. Your scope rings are on backwards too.

Twinsen
    Yes, this is my first time ever using a firearm.

I didn't know rings were directional. I just mounted them for best FOV. Maybe I got in the habit with my FAL. That I saw in pictures.

ETA: Also I plan to use this rifle for hunting. I won't be upgrading anything. Just painting it to prevent rust and heat.
    Last edited by Twinsen; 01-13-2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: huntin' gun

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Your scope rings are on backwards too.
    That's a matter of opinion, several scope ring manufacturers show their quick detachable rings on their websites installed the same direction as the OP.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Twinsen
    Some rings have a bar that is machined true on one side. You slap that side against the front of a slot in the rail. These don't have any directionality that I saw.

Neoloki
    Thank you for the additional pictures Twin! I love my Savage rifles, but they really need to get a handle on model numbers!! very very confusing and hard to get what you want without being an expert on the Savage catalog.

-Neo
    Last edited by Neoloki; 01-14-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typo Fix

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoloki View Post
    Thank you for the additional pictures Twin! I love my Savage rifles, but they really need to get a handle on model numbers!! very very confusing and hard to get what you want without being an expert on the Savage catalog.

-Neo
    That's a FACT!

And, it's intentional. They make good shooters, for sure, but they do everything possible to make them sound like they are more than they are in certain regards. They like to put crappy parts on otherwise good rifles and make it sound like you're really getting something (like their danged Trophy Hunters with their Axis mags and xp packages with dumpy scopes.) I'd say the Nikon 3-9's are a lot better than the junk they used to put on them, but they still corner you into paying $50-100 for a $40 scope. If you read their product descriptions online there's no distinction made between various features like detachable box magazines. One DBM is as good as another, I guess. Oh well, they are what they are.

Twinsen
    Well, I'm completely fed up now. This is ridiculous. There are a few more things wrong with the rifle.

1. It changed color.
    2. It even changed the scope's color.
    3. It broke the mold by going black, and then going back.

I'm tired of this crap.

(Duracoat)

Basic Member
    THAT"S your FIRST rifle?

Holy Crap! You gotta slow down, boy!

Looks good. Wish I had one like that.

Neoloki
    Wow that is sweet looking!!

Twinsen
    Thanks guys!

Far from the first. I was being sarcastic. But I was painting with rattlecans for a while. This is only my third time duracoating a gun though, and the only one I presently own.

Painting seems really hard and magical until you learn what paint likes what. Duracoat likes tiny, crappy airburshes and hates needle touch up guns.

Basic Member
    So what crappy little airbrush were you using? I have an old Badger (300???) that was a decent airbrush for paint, but gets clogged or something with the Duracoat. I got frustrated with it last summer and put it away. Haven't tried again. While it worked it was great.

Twinsen
    It comes with 5 paint cups, so I could do 5 colors at once. It wastes very, very little paint. I used 40psi. I filled one cup with Duracoat Reducer (thinner) and after a couple hours it was killing the plastic. I'll buy another set tomorrow and have 6 cups.

The paint doesn't go through the sprayer, so there's nothing to clean. Cleanup procedure was dropping used paint cups into the trash.

There's one adjustment to make, how much paint to allow. I tighten it all the way closed, then open it until some paint comes out.

$10

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...kit-93506.html

Basic Member
    Are you serious?! I thought$10 was for the jars!

2x I've spent $30 on replacement parts for mine, (temporary fixes) and currently it won't shoot. I can see how simple that POS is, but would not have expected those kind of results with it. I've used the aerosol sprayer but it spits out so much paint it's ridiculous, not just waste but too thick and heavy. Results looks like crap. If you're getting those kind of results with that thing, I'm gonna get 2! I really like how it cleans up, too. I am all over that strategy. :)

Team Savage
    Foxx, I also use a cheap air brush and inline air filter I found at Harbor Freight. Works well with Duracoat for stocks and GunKote/Ceracoat for metal. It has a glass jar. But beware, painting Savage is almost as addictive as building them.

Last edited by jpdown; 01-16-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Twinsen
    Is the filter for water? I haven't had a water issue. It may be luck, it may be AZ.

Team Savage
    Yes, the inline filter is to remove water condensation from humid air flow.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast