Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Quote Originally Posted by powderburnz View Post

I love my SWFA Super Sniper 16 X 42 mil quad reticle(fixed)
    That is the exact setup I was looking to put together. But I was going to go with the 12x SWFA. Does the 16x pretty clear when looking down range??

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ77 View Post
    That is the exact setup I was looking to put together. But I was going to go with the 12x SWFA. Does the 16x pretty clear when looking down range??
    Only have shot out to 200 so far. Looks very clear, but I'm not comparing it to $1500 glass either. If you don't have the money I'd never look down one of those tubes if I were you. This scope is hard to beat for the money. Watch this: http://youtu.be/nky0voYC7gQ

You need to watch this guys video series from the start, it's very lengthy but informative.

Hey guys quick question , I'm waiting on my XLR element stock to arrive this week , my question is, what are the torque specs for the accustock " and or" do i go with the XLR torque specs on the installation ? Please advise , thank you in advance .

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raygun View Post
    Hey guys quick question , I'm waiting on my XLR element stock to arrive this week , my question is, what are the torque specs for the accustock " and or" do i go with the XLR torque specs on the installation ? Please advise , thank you in advance .
    The Accustock is a unique concept. It was designed to squeeze the action from many different angles so as to tighten and hold in kind of "wrap" fashion. I have no idea how successful the design is in reality.

When using a different stock, don't worry about what Savage says for the Accustock. It doesn't apply.

ALso, keep in mind the Accustock uses a special recoil lug that probably does not work with the XLS. You may want to get a standard factory lug or a custom lug like Sharp Shooter Supply lug.

Petre
    I put together an MDT LSS-XL system. Turned out very nice. The area where the recoil lug fits is over-sized to handle different sized lugs.

Very good quality parts. Got both chassis and buttstock. Should be a real accurate shooter...

AICS Mags fit like a glove. Not a hint of slop.
    Last edited by Petre; 10-26-2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Add comment about mags

tharival
    I just dropped my fcp-sr into a jp enterprises AMCS chassis. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet but I will soon.

tharival
    Last edited by tharival; 10-30-2015 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Uploaded wrong photo

Quote Originally Posted by tharival View Post
    Looks amazing. Was it an expensive upgrade??

tharival
    Thanks Russ77.
    On sale @ www.jprifles.com
    Originally $1044 sale $966.xx with 2 AI mags and 2 day shipping

So ya it was a little expensive, but I've been wanting it for a long time now and I finally got it.

Next upgrades will be better glass and a good brake, wanting to find a good brake/suppressor host.

tharival

Just a few more pics of it. Mine is the LE model that came with the EGW 20 moa mount and AI mag. I have about $1800 total into the whole thing minus the cheap scope. Lol. But I can say is that scope hold zero very well for a $70 scope.

Does anyone know if the rail it comes with us a 20 MOA ??
    I'm debating between this rifle that I can get for around 700 or the new Ruger precision rifle that's about 1100

Petre
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ77 View Post
    Does anyone know if the rail it comes with us a 20 MOA ??
    I'm debating between this rifle that I can get for around 700 or the new Ruger precision rifle that's about 1100
    If you're talking the Savage Model 10 FCP-SR. It appears Savage is shipping all of them regardless of sku# with a 0MOA rail. But having said that, you're only <$50 to getting one if your scope will need it, which only occurs around the 8-900yd mark depending on the scope.

The chasis "Tharival" is using, uses the action mounting point and is not a part of the chasis, so whatever MOA his rail is, is easily changed.
    Last edited by Petre; 10-31-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Petre
    What photo share site is everyone using. Will upload a photo of my build if I can...

tharival
    I use photobucket.Com.

tharival
    Yes mine came with the 20 MOA rail. Mine is the old sku# from back when my rifle was listed in the LEO section @ savage

Petre
    Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure but what I wanted to do with this build. Hopefully picture upload works...

Bought scope on a dare (Primary Arms First Focal Plane 4-14x44 MILRAD with Illuminated "HorusLike" ACSS HUD DMR reticle matched for 223 and 308) and must say it's impressive for the money as was told and I'm going to end up keeping it and putting it on a .223 build. Not enough power for what I wanted this build and will probably end up with a Sightron SV on it.

Here's a video on the reticle they use in this scope. To bad the magnification is only to 14x...

You may think it looks to cluttered but IMO it's not. Very usable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Petre View Post
    Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure but what I wanted to do with this build. Hopefully picture upload works...

Bought scope on a dare (Primary Arms First Focal Plane 4-14x44 MILRAD with Illuminated "HorusLike" ACSS HUD DMR reticle matched for 223 and 308) and must say it's impressive for the money as was told and I'm going to end up keeping it and putting it on a .223 build. Not enough power for what I wanted this build and will probably end up with a Sightron SV on it.

Here's a video on the reticle they use in this scope. To bad the magnification is only to 14x...

You may think it looks to cluttered but IMO it's not. Very usable IMO.
    Very nice build. I have the exact same scope, I didn't originally want that reticle but picked it up on the cheap as a blemish model. I like it but I mostly just use the mil dots build into it. I also want something with a little more power for my next build

tharival
    That's a nice looking rifle my friend.

Philspils
    Not such good news, My fcp has decided to become an issue gun, break in went really well, was printing half to .75" 3 shots when I put it away, pulled the stock off to adjust trigger, and things have gone awry. Now seems like first two shots will be touching then subsequent shots go 3-5" low and 4-6" wide typically, put in new mag, first one or two good, then way off again. tightened scope, same thing, tightened stock to 35inlbs, same thing, switched scopes, same thing. Sent it off to savage to have them look at it. Not sure what is up but its not right.
    Any ideas?

BackCreekSavage
    Hey all, new to the forum. I bought a 10FCP-SR from my local Dick's and mine has the accu-stock, accu-trigger, and the 20MOA rail. The stock was also Kryptek Highlander camo when I bought mine. The only other thing that I had done was Duracoat the barrel, scope, thread protector, bolt handle and scope rings. I absolutely love mine. Im shooting Hornady 150gr SST Superformance and getting sub-moa groups.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philspils View Post
    Not such good news, My fcp has decided to become an issue gun, break in went really well, was printing half to .75" 3 shots when I put it away, pulled the stock off to adjust trigger, and things have gone awry. Now seems like first two shots will be touching then subsequent shots go 3-5" low and 4-6" wide typically, put in new mag, first one or two good, then way off again. tightened scope, same thing, tightened stock to 35inlbs, same thing, switched scopes, same thing. Sent it off to savage to have them look at it. Not sure what is up but its not right.
    Any ideas?
    Try different torque on the stock. Every stock is a little different, and 5 lbs more could make a difference.

Petre
    Quote Originally Posted by tharival View Post
    That's a nice looking rifle my friend.
    Thanks! Yours as well! I want to do a .223 build with a similar chassis to your build. After I finish this one. Got a chance to get off a few rounds in this build and it's most definitely a sweet shooter.

Once I get the new scope, I'll see just how good it is, but I'm betting on sub .750 moa with no problems from what I've seen so far.

Getting a 10FCP-SR to play with and will change the bottom metal if I have problems. I have never messed with Savage removable mag guns only old stagger feed. which would be a better replacement CDI or the Accurate setup?

Twinsen
    Quote Originally Posted by nrar15 View Post
    Getting a 10FCP-SR to play with and will change the bottom metal if I have problems. I have never messed with Savage removable mag guns only old stagger feed. which would be a better replacement CDI or the Accurate setup?
    Accurate mag by a mile. Two miles.

shane431
    I got one early this year and finally got all the parts together to finish. Shoots great.