Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Let me rephrase...

I am well aware of the SKUs on Savage's website, and I also aware that the Savage website shows an Accustock.

Cabelas is selling a 10FCP-SR that looks identical to 22442; but without an Accustock.

I want to know THAT sku number...

Maverick

To late 4 me

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    Let me rephrase...

I am well aware of the SKUs on Savage's website, and I also aware that the Savage website shows an Accustock.

Cabelas is selling a 10FCP-SR that looks identical to 22442; but without an Accustock.

I want to know THAT sku number...
    As soon as I get home I will post the end of the box
    Maverick

Maverick

here you go

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    Would somebody who has purchased a new 10FCP-SR from Cabelas (who I note has now updated their website to show the rifle as "non-Accustock") please post the SKU number on the rifle box?
    22192 is on both my box ends.

Maverick

Maverick
    Alright guys after getting a few phone calls from my post and my wife staying on the phone all day, Cabelas is going to buy back both the rifles I bought from them yesterday.

I am sure glad I ran across this thread. Thanks to all who have posted good information and have helped me out. If they hadnt of offered to buy them back I was going with a carriage. But now I am going with a new gun that hasnt been near a big box store. Enough of that for me. I may be a slow learner, but still a learner.

Thanks Maverick

greyghost
    I looked the FCP-SR up on Cabelas web site it does not say its a 22442 and In Big Bold Print it says NON Accu stock, They nor Savage is trying to rip anybody off, If they bought both rifles back, Then they went above and beyond customer service wise. I can see the mistake happening but they didn't do it on purpose to deceive anyone. They and all Sporting Stores have items made at discount to sell in their stores. Today you do have to read the fine print on everything and double check before you leave the store that its all there and in good shape. Glad they made it right for you, Good rifle if you get the right one , If you find one to buy better check it out Ive been waiting for 45 days and still no word on one. So if someone has them on hand better look at it real good, Ive been told another month or two easy before I get one. They are that new and my LGS deals with one of the biggest distributors in about 4 States.

Basic Member
    I haven't posted on this thread yet and also I've not read all the post but it sure seems to me that savage and cabelas made a bad choice marketing a cheap rifle after savage's prize winning FCP-SR. It seems that someones judgement was way off on this one. Unfortunately I think this was a joint venture by both parties. The original FCP-SR filled a niche in the shooting world that was kinda unique to the average shooter. Everybody that bought one gave great reviews on it. I wanted one and because I'm a southpaw I called and ordered one in left hand and what I got was "top notch". But I had them change so much it really became a custom build.
    Now people that have heard how great the FCP-SR was and still think is, are buying them and are not happy.
    When a company uses the same name for one product as they do another but changes the sku # to let you know its changed, I think is a little misleading to say the least.

The Cabelas website only very recently (the last week or so) changed to reflect their 10FCP-SR as "non-Accustock".

Prior to this, there was absolutely no way to denote the difference and handling the rifle in the store, the only way to notice was a lack of an Accustock sticker.

I kinda feel like this is akin to getting an Audi R8 with a Jetta engine; sure it says its an Audi, but it sure doesn't have all the parts of one.

TheBest
    For those who ordered Accuracy Mag bottom metal, did it come with the longer screws? The AM website says the kit doesn't come with any screws and that you're supposed to use the original ones (but we know those are too short)...

Twinsen
    Yeah, they came with the screws.

And retailer product descriptions are accurate nearly half of the time. I take the name and check the manufacturer's info and reviewers on the internet. Was I supposed to believe my 10 FCP-SR was going to look like a white box with a red x? That's what the picture shows.

Ralfus
    This bait and switch reminds me of Remington teaming with maybe Dicks Sporting Goods and maybe another chain two years ago. They marketed a low cost Remington 22 bolt action for the Black Friday/ Christmas market but used a previously used model number of a very popular, high quality Remington, maybe 511 or 521, I don't quite remember. Many folks assumed the old Remington was brought back into production but one picture made it obvious it was a cobbled together low-end Marlin XT series. There were plenty of unused models numbers in the 500 range but they purposely re-used a model designation to lure buyers.

psode27
    Alright, First post here please be easy on me.. I am in the market to get my first non milsurp bolt rifle and prior to this thread I knew I wanted a FCP-SR, but i'm confused. Are all the "new" FCP-SR rifles plasic magged cheaper rifles, or is it just the Cabelas version? I dont mean to derail, but i've turned down a good deal on a Hog Hunter 308 because the FCP-SR seemed like JUST what I wanted. I wanted the RBM but thought I could save some money from buying it seperate/piecing it together. I guess I dont want to buy this rifle twice. What do I need to buy to get a good reliable mag system, and not drop big cash on a chassis? sorry if I missed something, I'm new to the Savages. Sorry if I derailed a little bit... Thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psode27 View Post
    Alright, First post here please be easy on me.. I am in the market to get my first non milsurp bolt rifle and prior to this thread I knew I wanted a FCP-SR, but i'm confused. Are all the "new" FCP-SR rifles plasic magged cheaper rifles, or is it just the Cabelas version? I dont mean to derail, but i've turned down a good deal on a Hog Hunter 308 because the FCP-SR seemed like JUST what I wanted. I wanted the RBM but thought I could save some money from buying it seperate/piecing it together. I guess I dont want to buy this rifle twice. What do I need to buy to get a good reliable mag system, and not drop big cash on a chassis? sorry if I missed something, I'm new to the Savages. Sorry if I derailed a little bit... Thanks.

hi i just got a 10 FCP-SR in .308 from Bud's Gun Shop. paid about $620 for it. check out my post a few pages back to see the pics of it and pics of some shooting results. i just took it out again today at 100 yards and remain very happy with the results from this "budget" rifle. this is an out of the box sub moa shooter (at least at 100 yds) and i am not anything special as a shooter. make sure you get the Accustock and Accutrigger version of this. check stock numbers carefully.

i highly recommend this gun for a budget minded shooter. my buddy, as i noted in my first post, just got a much more expensive Remington 700 XCR Tactical also in .308. so far, the Savage is shooting a bit better than his i would say. this is using the same ammo as my Savage (Federal 168 gr SMK Gold Match and Aussie Outback SMK 168 gr match). i shot his rifle today and the Accutrigger in the Savage is far better in my opinion. he is going to have to drop about $200 to fit an aftermarket Timminy in his to improve it.

i am posting my last pics of the latest results to illustrate what this rifle can do. Aussie 168 SMK at 100 yds off a front and rear rest. 5 shot groups. The Federal groups even a bit better,

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

psode27
    Thanks for the reply swadiver! Still a sexy rifle in my book... I had seen your post before and several others that were pretty positive, but it just seems like there is a lot of inconsistency. If I get the version with the accustock, does that mean it will fit into more aftermarket stocks? I plan at some point to change the stock, but just want to buy a rifle that leaves me with several options. Are any of the rifles made that accomodate the AICS mag, or are those just the older ones?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psode27 View Post
    Thanks for the reply swadiver! Still a sexy rifle in my book... I had seen your post before and several others that were pretty positive, but it just seems like there is a lot of inconsistency. If I get the version with the accustock, does that mean it will fit into more aftermarket stocks? I plan at some point to change the stock, but just want to buy a rifle that leaves me with several options. Are any of the rifles made that accomodate the AICS mag, or are those just the older ones?
    Man, you are asking the wrong guy those questions. I am a Savage newbie. i believe from what i read on this forum, there are aftermarket stocks that fit this rifle. as for the mags, again from reading here it is only the older 10 FCP-SR that take the ACIS mags. I guess different bottom metal is available that allow the use of ACIS mags in this new model. best check with the much more knowledgeable guys on here about these questions.

as for the stock mag, it is working just ok, still a bit finicky on the last round being feed and i have only loaded a max of 6 rounds into it so far.

TheBest
    It seems like I've got the answer - and I don't even own one yet - they're impossible to find.

The Cabela's ones are garbage. Period. No AccuStock, no AICS mags.

The SKUs on the Savage site are the new/"good" ones (24" 22441 & 20" 22442) - with AccuStock and AccuTrigger. They also do not take AICS magazines. They take some garbage Savage mags that don't load reliably.

You *can* put Accurate-Mag Bottom Metal $206 on for it to take AICS mags (and hopefully the new Magpul ones). Accurate-Mag bottom metal was the OEM for the 2013 FCP-SRs. The only problem with the Accurate-Mag version is that their website says they do not include screws. According to Twinsen, the factory screws are way too short so you're off finding your own screws. I just ordered Accurate Mag metal for my future rifle today and don't know if it comes with screws and the website description is wrong. Does anybody know the length and thread of the action screws for the Accurate-Mag bottom metal (including threaded and non-threaded portion - or does that not matter)?

So you can see that Savage took away the AM bottom metal and painted stock from 2013 ($1000+) to a cheaper version in 2015 to save costs or they know that many will be putting this action into a chassis or something.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBest View Post
    It seems like I've got the answer - and I don't even own one yet - they're impossible to find.

The Cabela's ones are garbage. Period. No AccuStock, no AICS mags.

The SKUs on the Savage site are the new/"good" ones (24" 22441 & 20" 22442) - with AccuStock and AccuTrigger. They also do not take AICS magazines. They take some garbage Savage mags that don't load reliably.

You *can* put Accurate-Mag Bottom Metal $206 on for it to take AICS mags (and hopefully the new Magpul ones). Accurate-Mag bottom metal was the OEM for the 2013 FCP-SRs. The only problem with the Accurate-Mag version is that their website says they do not include screws. According to Twinsen, the factory screws are way too short so you're off finding your own screws. I just ordered Accurate Mag metal for my future rifle today and don't know if it comes with screws and the website description is wrong. Does anybody know the length and thread of the action screws for the Accurate-Mag bottom metal (including threaded and non-threaded portion - or does that not matter)?

So you can see that Savage took away the AM bottom metal and painted stock from 2013 ($1000+) to a cheaper version in 2015 to save costs or they know that many will be putting this action into a chassis or something.

Ok question for a new guy. I do have the Accustock version, which is aluminum bedded and free floated of course. would an after market chassis like Accurate-Mag's improve the accuracy of this rifle over stock? and if so, why? thanks in advance

hey guys the accurate mag comes with the replacement screws . i had to trim mine down , they were too long , easy install and now i can comfortably load 10 rounds . i have the 22441 model .

TheBest
    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver View Post
    Ok question for a new guy. I do have the Accustock version, which is aluminum bedded and free floated of course. would an after market chassis like Accurate-Mag's improve the accuracy of this rifle over stock? and if so, why? thanks in advance
    I do not know that. I just wanted my future FCP-SR to accept AICS mags.

TheBest
    raygun, thanks! I hope the set I just ordered comes with screws.

I have been reading this thread for a while. I was set on a Remington 700 sps Tactical when looking for a rifle. I was shown the Cabelas FCP-SR. and liked the way it looked. I quickly researched it later that day on Savages website not knowing there was a difference. Anyways I am new to bolt gun shooting and just trying to figure out if any other stocks would work on this package. I would get the bottom metal for a new magazine. Any help would be appreciated.

Basic Member
    for those looking for one with Accustock and Accutrigger

http://tooeleshootingsupply.com/shop...ge-arms-22441/

only 4 left $625

TheBest
    Thanks! Hope I got one... Ordered one and the site still says they have 4.

psode27
    Haha I ordered one too! Thanks for passing that along!! Hope both of our orders are filled!

PS- my wife doesnt know this purchase has happened... pray for me! :)
    Last edited by psode27; 03-03-2015 at 05:44 PM.

TheBest
    Sweet, mine just shipped!

Basic Member
    glad you both got one. it's a cool gun. enjoy

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast