Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

K-9Sgt

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruEJ25 View Post
    Forgot to put the specs 24" heavy barrel, no flutes, FDE stock and regular bolt handle. I thiught I would be receiving the tactical bolt handle.
    I just purchase the FDE model 22338 on the 17th from grabagun. I was under the impression that it came with the tactical bolt handle as well but to my surprise it wasn't. Was trying to figure out how to tell if it's even the EGW rail or not? I looked through the mag well and no number or stamping on it but it looks like it on their website. Have you tried to contact savage about the bolt handle? I will be calling tomorrow morning to see what they can do.

dp2826
    Quote Originally Posted by K-9Sgt View Post
    I just purchase the FDE model 22338 on the 17th from grabagun. I was under the impression that it came with the tactical bolt handle as well but to my surprise it wasn't. Was trying to figure out how to tell if it's even the EGW rail or not? I looked through the mag well and no number or stamping on it but it looks like it on their website. Have you tried to contact savage about the bolt handle? I will be calling tomorrow morning to see what they can do.
    Did you look up under the front of the rail. I can see a number there on mine, but can't really read it because of where it sits. I picked mine up at scheels "22338" on on the 24th, salesman said it had a 20 MOA rail. I think it is actually 0 MOA. Does have the tactical handle.

K-9Sgt
    Called Savage and they told me they don't come with the tac handle. They also told me they may not have any numbers on the rail because they are made for savage. If you don't mind could you take a pic and share where your talking about? My rifles DOB is January 2017.

K-9Sgt
    Quote Originally Posted by dp2826 View Post
    Did you look up under the front of the rail. I can see a number there on mine, but can't really read it because of where it sits. I picked mine up at scheels "22338" on on the 24th, salesman said it had a 20 MOA rail. I think it is actually 0 MOA. Does have the tactical handle.
    Ok I see the number now my best guess looks like a 109150 or something lol.

dp2826

K-9Sgt
    Same rail I have. I sent EGW an email and we'll see what info they can give us. It looks like a 0 Mao to me as well.

Hanzo
    Hi all, new to the site.

So, like others I am having some issues with my 10 FCP-SR. The magazine will not properly feed for me. Contacted Savage about the issue and they sent a new magazine....that is exactly the same. Do I really have to spend another $175 for Accurate Mag bottom metal to get this gun functional? That seems pretty unacceptable to me. It seems like Savage doesn't care they sold a lemon of a proprietary magazine system.

Basic Member
    ^^^I have not heard any significant complaints other than it is only a 9 round mag even though they advertise it as 10. What other problems are you having with it as far as feeding goes?

Hanzo
    It's just general feed issues. The mag will not lift the rounds high enough (and sometimes even canted) making the bolt miss when going to strip a round. It happens on just about every other round.

Basic Member
    ^^^try opening the mag lips a bit. That should allow the spring and follower to push the cartridges higher in the mag (up where the bolt can strip them)

Hanzo
    I'll have to give that a shot, hoping for an easier fix than dropping $175. Thanks.

Hanzo
    But now that I look at it. Mine holds ten, but just barely, I fear if I spread the feed lips even a smidge, she isn't going to hold.

Basic Member
    No, it does not feed or function properly with 10. It's just a 9 round mag, no matter what you do or the company says.

Open the lips, load no more than 9 and see what it does.

Hanzo
    Ok, think I am done fussing with this thing. I know I can get the bottom metal replacement for $175, but then I got thinking maybe I should just change the whole stock on the thing. I know most chassis systems are very expensive...are there any affordable ones out there anyone recommends?

Basic Member
    I don't really know much about chassis systems for the savage, but maybe you could take a look at Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist stock. I have one on my R700 and it is very adjustable and looks good.

Basic Member
    I've had mine for a few months now and haven't had an issue with any mentioned problems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617