Thread: Trigger question

Rocky666

Trigger question

After reading about the success others had with the SAV-1 Rifle Basix trigger, I installed one in my Axis 243 (not accutrigger) and another (today) my 111 7mm Rem Mag. With the 243 I kept the pull force at 3 lb and am very happy with the feel and the performance. In the case of the 7mm, which I set at 2 lb, I noticed the bolt felt a little tight. I backed off the action screws, in case they were protruding. That had no effect on smoothness of action. However, I could then make the gun slam fire (empty casing). I tightened the screws back up, no more slam fires. Could the slam fires be due to introducing unnecessary movement in the mechanism when I loosened up the screws and compromised the bedding?

In retrospect, I'm wondering if the tight feel is due to tension on the SAV-1 safety adjustment screw.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Can you see any contact with the trigger guard removed?

Basic Member
    How does it function without the stock? My first thght is if everything is fine without the stock, then the stock needs some relieving in there. Take a dremel to it. Open things up, starting with the area around the sear, then the trigger. I am sure you'll find it.

The part that surprises me, though, is that TIGHTENING the screws help. Maybe it is related to the safety screw. Regardless, everything should wok properly when removed from the stock. Make it work that way. If installed causes problems, it's the stock.

Rocky666
    Thanks for replying. I removed the trigger guard to tighten the pull force screw (brought it up to 3 lbs) and saw nothing noteworthy.

Rocky666
    Out of the stock, the barreled action worked fine - smooth as silk. I can reach the safety adjustment screw with the guard off and will try resetting it. I'll start there and then work on the stock. Thanks.