Thread: Cabelas Model 10FCP-SR?

Utah Shooter

Cabelas Model 10FCP-SR?

I went into Cabelas yesterday and a rifle really caught my eye. I forgot the model number so I called them up today. He said that it was a 10FCP-SR. So I looked those up online and found some but they all had a digital camo stock whereas this one at Cabelas did not. It does not have a 10 round magazine either. It did have a 20" barrel, fluted and threaded on the end. Looked more like the one pictured here. http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...-details/page4

I guess my question would be does anyone know if the model from Cabelas has the Accustock? I called them, not to be rude but it really seemed the guy had no clue what he was talking about. Thank you in advance.

Twinsen
    Get the model number. I picked up a 22442 recently because it was advertised as a 10 FCP-SR. I'm quite disappointed in the extended magazine and barrel threads. If the Cabela's one has a normal magazine, that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
    Get the model number. I picked up a 22442 recently because it was advertised as a 10 FCP-SR. I'm quite disappointed in the extended magazine and barrel threads. If the Cabela's one has a normal magazine, that's a plus.
    If you're not wanting barrel threads, the SR designation indicates that the rifle is supressor ready, meaning that all of the SR models will have threaded barrels. Complaining about it being equipped with a threaded barrel is akin to buying a Chevy and then complaining that it has a Chevy emblem on the grille.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 01-02-2015 at 11:23 PM.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Twinsen
    I bought it to use with my silencer. I put the silencer on, wrenched it down tight, fired one shot, and the silencer was more than a half revolution off the shoulder. While half a revolution off the shoulder, it rattles around. The threads were cut with a potato. I tried it with just the thread protector on. Same story. Best bet is to threadlock/glue the thread protector on.

To explain the extended magazine comment, it is also bad.

Could be your silencer threads were cut with a potato. Just sayin.

Twinsen
    Nah. It works fine on my FN and Mossberg.

ETA: And my AR cut by ADCO.
    Last edited by Twinsen; 01-03-2015 at 11:22 AM.