Thread: New to me savage

WASTINbullets

New to me savage

Heres my new to me savage 10 fcp-k .308, I picked it up as pictured, may change a few things on it, i did add the harris bipod.
    -Harris brm-s bipod
    -Redfield revolution 4-12x40

WASTINbullets

Nice.

How do you like that Redfield?
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

WASTINbullets
    From what I've collected online they have great reviews. It come with the rifle, i haven't got to try it yet since its been raining here. Does look clear though, backed by Leupold and made in the usa and lifetime warranty.
    Last edited by WASTINbullets; 12-29-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Always liked those rifles, they seem to shoot well. The Redfields are good scopes. Is there a reason that one is mounted 90 degrees counter clockwise?
    More shooting, less typing.

WASTINbullets
    Thats how it come, maybe the brass was pinging the dial when ejected. Has some quick connect scope mounts that ill change to a rail.

Ok, I have to ask....is there a reason you have the scope mounted the way you do? The gas port and that white writing should be facing down, not to the right. Elevation turret is always on the right side of the rifle.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Ok, I have to ask....is there a reason you have the scope mounted the way you do? The gas port and that white writing should be facing down, not to the right. Elevation turret is always on the right side of the rifle.

I believe J Baker probably meant the windage turret is always on the right side.
    Elevation turret is usually on the top.

WASTINbullets
    Not sure, thats how it was when i got it. But I fixed it today and put about 40 rounds thru the rifle while setting the scope.The scope is very clear and works very well, shot good at 100 and hit a few steel shilouets at 500yards.

dcloco
    Another item (NOT picking on your rifle - looks like a SWEET setup!!!)......the crossbolt on the mounts, put on the left side of your rifle. Why? Watched a gent slice the top of his index finger rather nicely when cycling the bolt.

I've got those same UTG rings on a couple rifles. I like them! It looks like a pretty nice setup overall.

The talk about the rotated scope got me wondering, is there something organic to the designs of scopes that would prevent someone from mounting one that way? Assuming there is no BDC reticule, third turret, or turrets dedicated to either elevation or windage, I mean. I imagine the windage goes on the starboard side so right-handers can use their right hands to remove the cap, get out a coin, make a fine but not positive adjustment, put the coin away, and put the cap back on. For a left-hander or a scope that doesn't require so much dexterity to adjust, it seems like the 90 degree roll could have benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by WASTINbullets View Post
    Not sure, thats how it was when i got it. But I fixed it today and put about 40 rounds thru the rifle while setting the scope.The scope is very clear and works very well, shot good at 100 and hit a few steel shilouets at 500yards.
    perfect!...your really gonna like this rifle.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

WASTINbullets

Darkeagle 10rnd mag
    Darkeagle extended mag release

Basic Member
    That is pretty slick man.

WASTINbullets
    Thanks

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.