Thread: Save your spent rimfire brass!

Basic Member

Save your spent rimfire brass!

Yes... the useless spent brass is good for something! If you are able to save it easily in decent numbers there are many of us out there in need of this brass. It is easily turned into very good jackets to make bullets/projectiles with.

The 22lr brass makes very good 22 cal bullets from 50-69 grains!

The 17HMR and 22 mag makes perfect 243, .257 and .265 bullets from 60-130 grains!

And what is really exciting is the potential of the new 17WSM that has the potential to make any bullet from 243 up to 30 cal in weights I suspect to range from 70-180 grains.

These bullets made from this scrap brass are capable of accuracy every bit as good as commercial bullets in the same caliber and the performance on little critters with the thinner walls of these cases vs. traditional bullets make them very explosive on impact.

So next time you guys are out shooting your favorite rim fire and you accumulate a bunch of this seemingly useless brass let me tell you, there are a lot of us out there that would be happy to put it to good use for you!

I'll have some pics to post soon of the various bullets I have made from these rim fire cases. If any of you have good amounts of this brass wondering what to do with it please feel free to send me a PM.

Good shooting and swage on!

BT

Basic Member
    I have wanted to do this for a long time, but every time I heck on the dies and swages I find them to be too pricey. Here's hoping it works for you.

Basic Member
    Yes it can be a little spendy but the results are well worth it. It's like any hobby, there are certainly worse things we could spend our money on.

Check out some pics!

22 cal from 22lr brass

22, 243 and 6.5 from 22lr and 22 mag brass

22 cal from 22lr group

69 grain 22 cal from 22lr brass shot into milk jug

Brother, I could go out to my gun club with a rake and shovel and have probably a 5 gallon bucket of .22 cases for you in about an hour. Of course they are weathered and would need a lot of cleaning.
    In the spring, when the snow is gone.
    Last edited by phinfan; 01-14-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: One more sentence.
    "Only two things are infinite, human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not certain about the Universe." - Albert Einstein.