Thread: Another boyds Question lol

Basic Member

Another boyds Question lol

I ordered a Boyds Pro Varmit for my Axis 308 and was reading on the site about ordering the metal parts for the trigger guard? Does any one know where I might get those aforementioned parts at and maybe a idea of what it will cost?? Thanks Dennis
    Last edited by vet2260; 12-22-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Midway sells them, but they're out of stock. Brownells sels them, but they're also out of stock. Savage, of course, sells them, but they're closed until January 5th! The part numbers you'll be looking for are 105417 for black finish and 105928 for stainless.

Basic Member
    Ok Thanks appreciate the help was wondering i was thinking about using the one of my 111 but I have a friend who is buying it so will get the right one.

Boyds stocks them in both finishes. Might as well make it a one stop shopping experience.

I forgot about Boyds. Their shipping is extraordinarily high for a small part though. If your order has already been placed, I don't know how amenable they are to adding items to outgoing orders. I called within an hour of placing an order to try to change something and they told me I had to cancel it and charged me the $15 restocking fee.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    I forgot about Boyds. Their shipping is extraordinarily high for a small part though. If your order has already been placed, I don't know how amenable they are to adding items to outgoing orders. I called within an hour of placing an order to try to change something and they told me I had to cancel it and charged me the $15 restocking fee.
    Changing orders may be a pain and expensive, but I believe you CAN order small parts like that without a big shipping fee. Not sure why I think so, but I seem to remember them saying they do not actually charge the high fees shown online if you call them for parts. It's a programming issue or something to that effect. Anyhow, I would call them and see if that's the case or not. IIRC, I have done so.

Sorry to bump this, but I was looking for those SKUs and came across my own post.

I just placed an order with Boyds for a new stock. I added a replacement trigger guard to replace the vestigial cheap plastic Boyds includes on their Axis stocks. It turns out the shipping costs for the stock and the trigger guard are the same as if I bought two rifle stocks. On a lark, I decided to see what just the trigger guard would cost to ship. It's shipping is the same as one rifle stock.

I called Boyds and found they cannot (or will not) adjust shipping prices.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    Sorry to bump this, but I was looking for those SKUs and came across my own post.

I just placed an order with Boyds for a new stock. I added a replacement trigger guard to replace the vestigial cheap plastic Boyds includes on their Axis stocks. It turns out the shipping costs for the stock and the trigger guard are the same as if I bought two rifle stocks. On a lark, I decided to see what just the trigger guard would cost to ship. It's shipping is the same as one rifle stock.

I called Boyds and found they cannot (or will not) adjust shipping prices.
    ooooh! that hurts!

Basic Member
    That's ridiculous. There must be a misunderstanding. I KNOW I was told or read otherwise sometime ago. In fact, I have ordered parts myself without being charged that much.

ejk24
    I have only ordered over the phone with them and it was hard to get thru . Ordered a stock and metal guard assy for an Axis and was charged a single shipping fee a few months back . The guy on the phone was short and bothered that I was not using their website to order . Too bad for them because I wont order a gun part unless a human can confirm what I have looked up . Maybe an online order charges a separate shipping fee per item if that's what DR Thunder may have done .

I have to call them back this morning to follow up on a voicemail I left yesterday trying to get an RMA on the stock I just received. Maybe I can save some time waiting on hold by checking on the shipping thing again! The sales rep I spoke to yesterday morning was pretty clear about not being able to do anything about the shipping charges I found via the web checkout, but I did not check on the single trigger guard shipping cost via telephone.

Saponi savage

One more Boyd's question.

Has anyone had issues getting a order placed from Boyd's ? I been trying since 8th of Dec. it took them 23 days to tell me my order was incomplete and I had to re-order. Did that 25 th of Dec. and I'm still hating on it to be shipped. Any advice what to do check.
    I have a chain of 21 e mails to them and can't seem to get them on the phone.???

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saponi savage View Post
    Has anyone had issues getting a order placed from Boyd's ? I been trying since 8th of Dec. it took them 23 days to tell me my order was incomplete and I had to re-order. Did that 25 th of Dec. and I'm still hating on it to be shipped. Any advice what to do check.
    I have a chain of 21 e mails to them and can't seem to get them on the phone.???
    They definitely lack comunication skills, either it's refusing to answer their phone or not returning voicemail (take your pick) ....HORRIBLE! Worst customer service ever.., do yourself a favor and go elsewhere

Here's a canned (can't even make it personal) email from them addressed to me and 900 other people! (No s**t...900 other people). I wouldn't expect anything from them in a long - long time.

Greetings,

Boyds’ would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of communication concerning the order you have placed with us.

It is not our standard practice to have a longer lead time than the 5 days or not to respond to phone calls or emails; however, due to the high volume of orders received during the holiday season, our backlog of product was larger than we could have foreseen and we have been diligently returning calls and emails. We apologize if you have not received any correspondence yet, but we want to assure you that we are working to have all orders current and shipped within the next week and a half.

Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding and we ask that you give us another opportunity as we greatly value you as a customer.

Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks
    25376 403rd Ave
    Mitchell SD, 57301
    (605)996-5011
    www.Boydsgunstocks.com
    Last edited by NFD9; 01-16-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Bodydub
    I did read something on their site last week that said they were busy............

Saponi savage

Just to fallow up

Quote Originally Posted by Saponi savage View Post
    ok so after 39 e mails and I'm not sure how many phone calls. I got my Boyd's stock today.... It don't fit ! So I called them again and was told to send them pics. After that I was told that they may or may ot warranty it. Then I got a phone call saying I ordered it wrong I ordered a long action and it should have been a short action. Hmmmm from what I know Axis is its own thing and is not long or short. So there is no warranty.

Not sure what to do but I'm done with Boyd's. Anyone need some pretty Fire wood ?.

The "action length" of an Axis stock is based on the magazine length. 223/308 length chamberings are considered "short action" and 30/06 length chamberings are considered "long action".
    You shouldn't have any problem selling that stock for what you have into it though.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

I know Boyds has been slipping of late, but the web pages for Axis stocks do list and have listed the compatible calibers for a while.

Always read the fine print, ESPECIALLY when purchasing a Boyds stock.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    I ordered the part from Savage and the lady there was extremely polite and helpful got the metal one to replace the plastic one and had a bit of a wait time also.. I went thru and sanded out the channel for the barrel a little wider for my tastes and drilled in some cooling holes then sanded and repainted the stock a flat black. I had to add a cheek riser tho as having had surgery on the right side of my Neck to remove Cancer I cant turkey neck all that well but after all that I got everything working well..

Excellent! Post some pics when you can!

GV889
    I was considering purchasing a Savage Axis and ordering a Boyds laminated replacement stock but after reading these posts I'll hold off on the Boyd's stock acquisition. The problems you guy's are running into with Boyd's remind me of my dealing's with R Fajen in the mid 90's, that's something I don't want to experience again!