Who has skim bedded a stock with an aluminum bedding block? My remington 700 currently does not shoot to well...lucky to get 1.2MOA. I have never bedded any stocks before so with this I was going to bed the recoil lug and try skim bedding the aluminum block where the action screws come up. I'm planning to use devcon. From what I have read I should scuff up the aluminum. Degrease/remove all oil from bedding block and recoil lug area. Kiwi polish the entire action and barrel so things don't get stuck. I'm planning on using headless action screws with tire tubing to hold action in place. Use plenty of devcon especially in lug area. For the parts that are getting skim bedded...do you simply put some paste down and then squeeze action until it stops...meaning parts of the action will contact the aluminum block as it did before but now the devcon will fill the spaces that did not touch the action? I understand these spaces can be quite thin in spots. Does this eventually lead to cracking? I do not have the tools to grind out aluminum and even if I did I am nervous about doing a bedding job like that which is why I'm trying this first. If it still doesn't shoot I will grind it done and bed it like normal.