I have on order a Savage 111 FCNS in 30-06 (Accutrigger/Accustock) to do a switch barrel project that I've wanted to do for some time now. The following are the components that will be used in the barrel swap:

Shilen Select Match SS barrel (polished) - chambered in 6mm Rem AI 40 degree shoulder with a 1-8 twist finished at 28".
Sharp Shooter Supply LVT stock in black black blue with adjustable cheek piece inletted for the DBM.
Competition recoil lug - stainless - standard shank
Tactical Bolt Handle - stainless

The factory barrel will be kept to round out the upper end of my rifle collection (so far), as well as the accustock for when I would need to use the 30-06 (Moose, elk, or anything larger within reason)

Everything is on order! Tooling required (barrel vice, action wrench, barrel nut wrench, go guage) for the swap and headspacing is already in my hot little hands, as well as all reloading components for both calibres.

Now I just have to wait for all the items on order to arrive. I hope to have the project completed by Mid August, barring any issues! I will be sure to post pics of the build as it progresses.

UPDATE NOV 28, 2010

Well, after waiting for over 8 months, all the pieces finally arrived and I have put together my very first switch barrel!

For optics I chose a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 with the target dot reticle, Burris sig zee rings 30mm, and an EGW 20 moa picatinny rail complete the parts list.