There is a new mfg of 17WSM ammo. American Eagle brand is selling ammo with an "F" head stamp. It is 20gr ballistic tips with 3000 fps claimed velocity. This is great news for owners of the little 17WSM rifles. It means first that Winchester might have some competition and maybe, there will be ammo that is more consistent and accurate and AVAILABLE!!! Not that mine was that bad before but it is often inconsistent. I just bought a box of the new stuff at my local gun store. Hope to go to the range this weekend to try it out. This also means that we are not hostage to the whims of Winchester. American Eagle is who, Federal? I always have better accuracy with their center fire and 17HMR ammo when compared to Winchester. Who knows, maybe they will get it right.

I mean, try shooting 1/4" 50yd groups with any Winchester 22lr ammo. I cannot, but shoot them all the time with Eley, Lapua, RWS. By any measure most Winchester rimfire ammo is aimed at the lower end of the market spectrum. That don't mean this new stuff is better but it cannot be much worse, lol. And if is IS BETTER??? Whoo Hooo. Time to go to the range.

Irish