i just bought my wife the mod 11 TH in 7mm08, w/nikon 3x9x40 prostaff. when i shot it the first 4x at 25yd, all was fine. i was able to walk it on to bullseye very easy. then i moved to 100 yds, where my fist shot was slightly low left. I shot once more to see if it was grouping close before i moved any adjustments. It hit 5" high to the right. I thought that it must have been a fluke... the third forth and fifth shots were perfectly diagonal heading toward the bullseye. i was still yet to make any adjustment. So, I finally moved the adjustment a couple clicks left. the sixth shot hit 3" high and 2" left. i let it cool again. I moved the adj down 3 clicks and it hit 1" lower than last. I have sighted in many scopes and this dude will not get right. i am wondering if maybe i have a bad scope or if there is something else coming into play. i bought a bad simmons 10 yrs ago that acted simular. i bought this gun brand new from gander mountain, and when i opened the adj caps, i could see marks where someone has been cranking on it. is this where it was factory bore sighted or maybe a reject?

you guys think it is bad scope? or something wrong with the gun? any help is greatly appreciated.