Wood Carving 101.

I bought this a few months ago to use as a target stock for an axis.
Its a lot of work and honestly a Boyds stock would be the way to go, but I already had it so...

Have not been able to find the Adjustable buttplate, but I do have the spacers and female part of the plate assembly.

Dont have a mill so I carved it out old school style with wood chisels and a knife. Mostly a very sharp curved typ chisel about 1/2" wide and a Mora wood carving knife, the short bladed one. Word of caution, I have 2 of these mora wood carving short blade knives and they are out of the box, razor sharp, literally.

I looked around and never could find a whole lot of info beyond a few photos here and the YT videos so thought these photos might help somebody if they want to try it.

This is just roughed out and I need to sand out the barrel channel and clean everything else up pillar bed it finish it etc.

This is prior to pillar install.
This action will receive a McGowen bull barrel in 223 that I already have.

You have to hog out a lot of stock material around the trigger especially, open up the bolt space toward the front, cut in an area for the bolt release, move the front action mount back a tad, open up the barrel channel but a varmint barrel would fit.

The area I have marked is for the recoil lug.
Will hog out the long marked area for bedding.

The front action screw will be recessed in the stock to allow the trigger plate to ride over that.

Rest you can pretty much see in the photos.