Hello:

I purchased a Savage Model 10 MLSS-II back in the fall of 2008. Since that time I have experienced 3 misfires while hunting game animals. Today being the third time has me wondering what to do with this gun. I can't take this thing into the field any longer and wonder if it is going to go "Bang". One of these days it is going to cost me "My Buck Of A Lifetime". :-)

I shoot the following configuration 42 Grains - VihtaVuori N110 under a 250 Grain Hornady SST ignited by a Winchester 209 shotgun primer. It is to the point that I do not trust this gun any longer. Thompson Center or do I try a different set of components?????

Looking back at the misfire history it has always been in the month of December (In Ontario, Canada).

What do you do with a gun you that has failed you so often?????

Are there better "sure-fire" primer / powder combos out there that could solve this issue? Is it a cold weather issue. (It never does this to me during my summer practice sessions.) What other factors should I be looking at? Do I just have a "dud" gun? I couldn't even sell this thing to another hunter and sleep well at night. :-(

Feeling pretty discouraged.

Regards,

Chizzy