Thread: savage axis scope mounting problems

Benaxis

savage axis scope mounting problems

Hi my name is Ben, and I have a leupold scope for my savage axis it's a vari-x 6 and I'm looking at the dnz products mount but wondering if anyone out their has one that could measure for me before I buy one the scope tube length is exactly 5.134 inches long and could someone help me figure out if this will work for my scope...... thanks Ben also this is my first post and hope I'm doing this right I just signed up!

Basic Member
    Ben ..Welcome to the Brotherhood. First thing you need to figure out is your scopes tube diameter. A majority of scopes are either 1'' or 30mm with a few at 34mm. DNZ sells the 1'' and 30mm for the Axis. Once you have determined that you can purchase the mount.

Also all AXIS screw mount spacings are the same so you don't need to worry about tube length.

Benaxis
    Thanks and next question is should I go with dnz which is a one piece or go with weaver with Talley rings which is my other option..... or tell me what you'd get for around $120 the most I want you spend for mount and rings....

Basic Member
    Personally I don't have the DNZ Game Reaper, but they seem to be very popular and are the next set of mounts that I am purchasing. A good choice in my opinion.

That's not to knock Talley because they are good rings and Weaver bases are fine but the one piece system just seems easier to me and eliminates some of the problems you see with a base/ring configuration.
    Last edited by Rosco; 12-07-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Benaxis
    Thanks dude I will most likely buy the dnz mount then! But one thing is did you ever see on amazon where the low mount for axis is $38 something but the medium and high mount is $50! What's the big deal I don't wanna pay that much more I mean not that I'm cheap it's just I wanna know why first I am a smart shopper..... I went to gandermountain to buy my axis and it was $329 without the combo so I didn't get a rebate and it was $4470 for the combo but you did get the rebate so I said forget it..... I went to dicks got it for $326 out the store with the combo package and still got the rebate so I payed like 4 dollars less at dicks then i would have at gander but wasn't a combo.... and after all that I still got the rebate!!! So around $248.99 I pay when the rebate comes in!

Basic Member
    No I haven't seen that, but I get wanting to be economical this is one expensive hobby. Especially, if you don' have alot of friends that help you out with equipment and knick knacks. Then you end up having to spring for that as well. While we are on that topic, here a few websites that helped me save a few dollars, since my Savagitis addiction kicked in.

http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/ -

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...-action-rifles - You can typically get at least 2 types Savage Axis models from here for as low $229.00 with free shipping. Good prices on Rimfire models as well.

Check the MidwayUSA Clearance section, most of the time it is a bust, but every once in a while you can get a real steal

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/rebates.php This is just an all on one spot for Manufactures Rebates so you don't have to run from Website to website checking.

http://www.slickguns.com/

Last and most importantly, become a paid member,you won't regret it.
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250