Thread: 10 FCP feeding problem

cro789

10 FCP feeding problem

I am having a feeding problem with my 10 FCP. If you try to go fast the rear of the round jumps up and gets wedge between the bolt face and the upper part of the receiver. Also changed it over to a CDI bottom metal and it still does the same thing. Any and all help needed.

Basic Member
    Just from experience with the FCP and the Accurate Mag, I really didn't have any feeding problems. I did have to work on them though. I worked on the feed lips with regular pliers and that just led to more problems. I bought some cheap plies that are used for sheet metal. The ones that are 2" wide and they are a must when working with the feed lips. Also I had to mess with the spring as it was to strong with a full mag.

I'd try another mag if you have just one with an AI 5 rounder being my first choice.
    How fast is fast?

cro789
    I have a AI mag and it will kick the rounds up to the point it will jam. Not very fast and not slow just a kinda normal speed. If you try to go super fast it will jam every time. The base of the case will jump up above the height of the face of the bolt, but not over the bolt. The case will have a mark just below the neck. I have smoothed out all the edges and polished the feed ramp and barrel. Just dont know where to go next.

cro789
    Here is a video of the same thing as what mine is going. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dLynJVPjWo

My 11THXP did that.
    I found a smooth operation of the bolt cured a lot of it but not 100% by any means.
    When I switched to PTG bottom metal all problems went away.
    I'd contact CDI, I'm sure he has a good idea how to fix it.
    Probably a simple height adjustment of the bottom metal or release lever.

Here is a pic of cartridge height with a AI mag in my rifle.
    Maybe it will help.

cro789
    Yes it does. But the problem is the base jumps to the top of the bolt when it is closing and will jam. Just release the pressure fromthe bolt handle and the round will then drop down and you can continue with loading the round.

Basic Member
    You need to adjust the feed lips on the magazine. I spent a couple hours slowly tuning with dummy rounds until it was right, but this problem was solved by making them tighter up front so that the round would ride in the feed lips a little longer. I run CDI Bottom metal on a short action and long action. Short action is in a manners Stock and had issues with feeding. Long action is in a choate tactical and had zero issues.

On the short Action I run one AICS mag and one Accurate Mag. AICS required more tuning than the Accurate Mag did.

cro789
    Has anyone ever took a bolt and cut the bottom to make a semi control feed bolt?