Thread: Gettin a hold of Sharp Shooter Supply?

Basic Member

Gettin a hold of Sharp Shooter Supply?

Tryin to contact sss regarding a build. Tried calling and e-mailed a week ago, is there a better way?

SSDD...

Only way that EVER worked for me was numerous emails (say two a day, every day, for a week) until Lisa responded.

Then upon her reply, send the reply once per day until she responded to it.

Rinse, repeat, etc.

Basic Member
    Wow. How long was your turn around?

I didn't have them build anything - I was simply trying to buy some parts.

In the end it was about 7-10 days to place the order, maybe another 2 weeks to receive it...and when it showed up the order was incomplete but I decided it wasn't worth my time to try and get it completely filled. To be fair, I don't think I was charged for the parts I didn't receive (bolt head items, IIRC) and there were times when communication was rapid and other times where it took many days and emails to hear back.

It is what it is...

Basic Member
    Thanks, I keep hearing it's better now- guess we'll see.

Basic Member
    Success! Got an e-mail today, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Basic Member
    Sent the action out today, they projected about a month till we get it back. So far so good.

Good luck.....you will need it!

Basic Member
    Thanks, so far everything has gone pretty smooth.

Basic Member
    Got an e-mail from Lisa saying the action was done the other day and it arrived today. Only 2 weeks past their projected date, not too shabby.

LongRange
    Im assuming a true and timing job? If so is there a big difference with what fred did?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blvedere View Post
    Good luck.....you will need it!

Whats up?.........no smart a## remarks about how terrible they are to deal with.......man up and apolgize.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

Basic Member
    First- I didn't start this thread as another "SSS good v bad". There has been plenty of that on this board and in all honesty I've had some experiences in the past that weren't stellar. The original question was whether I was using the right channels to get a hold of them, which was borne out by the subsequent conversations/e-mails that I mentioned.

As an aside- yes there is a marked improvement in the actions "smoothness". I don't have a barrel installed or have it in a stock yet but just holding it in my hand the bolt lift is lighter. How much trueing was required I don't know and I doubt it will make an appreciable difference in accuracy but this is going to be a hunting rifle for my wife and she didn't like how stiff the bolt was originally so I'm happy with the results.

LongRange
    thanks for your reply i may be sending an action in to them as well but was wanting to know if it was worth the time and money spent.

Basic Member
    [QUOTE=mattri;289839]First- I didn't start this thread as another "SSS good v bad". There has been plenty of that on this board and in all honesty I've had some experiences in the past that weren't stellar. The original question was whether I was using the right channels to get a hold of them, which was borne out by the subsequent conversations/e-mails that I mentioned.

I know you didn't. My remarks were not pointed at you. It just seems like every time they are mentioned someone has to pipe up with a smart remark about them. Lisa and Fred do our sport and our choice of Savage rifles a great service and they do it very well "most" of the time. They have done excellant work for me and hundreds of others and I am just tired of hearing the negative stuff about them.

BTW I am glad to hear that you are happy with their work......I always am.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post

Only way that EVER worked for me was numerous emails (say two a day, every day, for a week) until Lisa responded.

Then upon her reply, send the reply once per day until she responded to it.

Rinse, repeat, etc.
    Not to be a dick, but this is how companies get so backed up with emails that they can't get people a timely response.

Team Savage
    I think it was mentioned that SSS gets about 200 emails a day. Not much time to get any work done if all you can do is check emails. One email, stating what I want, sit back and it's not long till I get what I wanted. 2 or 3 days at the most.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

D.ID
    I send them one email that says I want X and Y please contact me at this phone number 208-***-**** to arrange payment.
    Lisa calls within a couple hours.
    Took me weeks the first time and it wasn't till I got matter of fact "direct" that I got a response. Ever since: that's all it takes.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by D.ID View Post
    I send them one email that says I want X and Y please contact me at this phone number 208-***-**** to arrange payment.
    Lisa calls within a couple hours.
    Took me weeks the first time and it wasn't till I got matter of fact "direct" that I got a response. Ever since: that's all it takes.
    +1 - Not sure what "direct" is though.

D.ID
    I want X and Y please contact me at this phone number 208-***-**** to arrange payment.
    That's it, don't clutter it up, don't ask how many they have, don't explain all aspects of your build, don't give her a hard time about not answering the phone, etc,etc. Don't kick the tires.
    Keep it simple and direct and they are very easy to work with.

Basic Member
    I emailed them yesterday with pics and a question about my SSS stock. I got a response today...

Can't beat that...

Team Savage
    I want X and Y please contact me at this phone number 208-***-**** to arrange payment.
    That's it, don't clutter it up, don't ask how many they have, don't explain all aspects of your build, don't give her a hard time about not answering the phone, etc,etc. Don't kick the tires.
    LOL - Now I understand - That is exactly what I do.

LongRange
    EXACTLY THIS!!
    I email them this morning about 6am-9am their time...lisa replied at 1030am I replied with my number and was on the phone with her at 1040am and talked to her until almost 11am...my parts will be mailed out tomorrow morning and im second on the February list for a true/time job...I have delt with them several times and have not had a problem yet.

andremajic

Meh

I'm not impressed with SSS. I've emailed over 10 times over a 6 month period to get 2 simple parts. Not a way to run a business, and I'm a patient man. Why even have a phone line if it's just hooked up to a message machine to direct me to email you? Second, if my only way of contacting you is email, how about replying to emails?

I finally just bought my bolt head elsewhere and made my own firing pin extension nut. Took 3 days to ship from midwayusa for the bolt head, and about 30 minutes to make the part, and I was taking my sweet time.

Glad it's worked for some of you, but not for me, and I'm sorry for the guys that are at the mercy of one company to get special parts or work done.

Thread has served it's purpose
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain