Thread: TOM MANNERS' Stocks???

AdvenJack

Talking TOM MANNERS' Stocks???

Hello to all,

I was curious if anyone has used the MANNERS stocks, specifically the T2-A and/or the T6-A?
    I am told MANNERS stocks are quite Excellent and worth every cent! I am about to buy an 11/111
    XP in .260 Remington for my longer distance coyote, hog and target fun shooting. Thank you &
    Early Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!!!!

Basic Member
    I have a T6A on its way to me. Got the email yesterday that it was ready. I will let you know how much I like it. It will be storing a .260 Rem built on a target action with a heavy black hole weaponry barrel and a 3x18 Gen 2 Razor

Basic Member

T2A here. Love it. This is with a 26" McGowen 308 Varmint Contour. I just pulled this barrel and I'm waiting on a new 243 barrel from ApacheGunWorks throated for the 115 VLD's and DTACs.

AdvenJack
    At this point I am not clear on the differences between the two stocks.
    Can you fellows clarify those please?

Basic Member
    Mostly in the forearm. Believe the rear ends are the same

I just checked out their website. Makes me want to put together a precision tactical rifle real bad.
    You know what I like best about people? Their dogs.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I just checked out their website. Makes me want to put together a precision tactical rifle real bad.
    Was hooked after my first match!

I am currently on T2 #2...fantastic stock.

The T6 is an awesome stock though, with the forearm probably a little better if one does a lot of offhand or positional shooting (ie. matches).

I really wish Tom would do a mini chassis for savage, I'd buy one RIGHT NOW!
    they are very nice stocks.

Basic Member
    Ya I think badger ordanance does the mini chassis though. Good luck on that wish.

Maybe one day I'll break down and get a Shilen DGR action and just buy barrels after that.

AdvenJack
    I appreciate the responses men!

I just ordered a EH1 last week for a long range hunting rifle I am building. Tom told me they will be debuting the mini chassis for the savage at shot show next month. Said the price should be around $130, but he didn't have final cost on them yet. Oh ya I'm a fan of their stocks, here's my 6.5 Creedmoor in a T4A

Quote Originally Posted by shoalwater
    Tom told me they will be debuting the mini chassis for the savage at shot show next month.
    Niiiice!

rc109a
    I was thinking about getting a Manners stock. I am looking at the MCS-EH4 and it is pretty nice. Do theses stocks need anything else to be done to them (piller/bedding/etc) like you do with stocks like a Boyds? Not sure what a mini-chassis is and what part it plays in the stock (no idea what it does). I guess you can see I am very green in this department. Thanks...

The EH4 has an *Extremely* short forearm.

Like most stocks, glass bedding would be ideal...and while you don't necessarily need to pillar bed it, Manners stocks come with pillars and for $30 Manners will install the pillars for you. Money well spent, IMO.

rc109a
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    The EH4 has an *Extremely* short forearm.

Like most stocks, glass bedding would be ideal...and while you don't necessarily need to pillar bed it, Manners stocks come with pillars and for $30 Manners will install the pillars for you. Money well spent, IMO.
    So the EH3 may be a better choice. What is the mini-chassis designed for? Does this eliminate the piller and beading?

I'd suggest the EH2 or EH3, yes.

As for the mini-chassis:
    http://mannersstocks.com/mcs-bdl-dbm-mini-chassis/

They currently are only made for 700s, and I've got one - it is great.

Word on the street is a Manners Savage mini chassis in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basic Member
    The mini chassis it to be debuted at SHOT, I got tired of "waiting on the guy to bed my rifle" and they upgraded me to it. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Talked with Matt at Manner's just today and confirmed they would be taking orders on the mini-chassis in about three weeks. Supposedly none are in the barn and all are at Shot. Odd.

I have both their T-5 and T-3. The T-5 is definitely a great prone/bench stock but felt odd for me shooting a thumbhole stock offhand/kneeling. I'll be ordering a MCS T or one of the Elite hunters with the chassis soon after they get back from Shot.

They have a GAT available now that is tempting, but I learned my lesson on thumbholes.

Basic Member
    They have the mini done. He posted pictures of it over on the Hide. Works for both the 4.27 and the 4.4 rifles.

Basic Member
    Here is what the EH4 looks like with a 16" barrel (yes, the scope rail is on backwards - on purpose).

bare

and with the barrel before it was cut

It was pillar bedded by Manners, as I didn't plan on bedding it right away. You can see that with a bipod, there is not a lot of room on the forearm.

I only have a sample of one, but my experience with Tom Manners and his crew was fantastic. And the stock is amazing.
    The mini-chassis is a metal insert for their compsite stocks. It adds the rigidity of a chassis system to their light weight composite stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by rc109a View Post
    I was thinking about getting a Manners stock. I am looking at the MCS-EH4 and it is pretty nice. Do theses stocks need anything else to be done to them (piller/bedding/etc) like you do with stocks like a Boyds? Not sure what a mini-chassis is and what part it plays in the stock (no idea what it does). I guess you can see I am very green in this department. Thanks...