Thread: Good 1-Piece Base?

rob.dizz.89

Good 1-Piece Base?

Can somebody please recommend a good 1-piece base for the Savage 25? I bought a DNZ one-piece with rings; the description said that it fit the 25 but when it arrived the holes didn't match up correctly. I tried the base on my model 11 and it fit perfectly. I'm having trouble finding a base because most have a description that says "universal SA Savage", and I'm afraid of buying another that doesn't fit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Basic Member

I too am looking for a base. My scope is made for maybe an AR15. It has a Mill dot reticle calibrated to 223. It sits too far back on the rifle, it must be longer than standard eye relief compared to my other scopes. Target turrets, side focus (paralax) and goes up to 18x. My head is too far back on the stock. The gun shoots great.

I shoot this rifle on Saturday morning offhand 100 yard match. Occasionally they will hold a 200 yard offhand match.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post

I too am looking for a base. My scope is made for maybe an AR15. It has a Mill dot reticle calibrated to 223. It sits too far back on the rifle, it must be longer than standard eye relief compared to my other scopes. Target turrets, side focus (paralax) and goes up to 18x. My head is too far back on the stock. The gun shoots great.

I shoot this rifle on Saturday morning offhand 100 yard match. Occasionally they will hold a 200 yard offhand match.

David
    Nice rifle and nice group!

Basic Member
    Thank you, I ended up having the rifle re drilled for the rear mount. Now I have a Nikon 4 to 12 x42 scope on it.

It will shoot better than that with 60 gr bullets.

David

Salvo
    Turn that front mount around the other way and put it on the rear. This will let you move the scope up forward a bit.

Salvo
    EGW Savage 25 Picatinny rail Part# 41920 - Around 40-45 bucks.
    Last edited by Salvo; 12-09-2014 at 10:48 AM.