Ive been going back and forth on buying nosler brass for my 260 like a woman shopping for shoes as ive read several bad reviews about the nosler brass not holding up well in the 260....I shoot nosler in my 300wm and really like it. I finally man'd up and bought a box from powder valley, now normally I buy at least 100 cases from the same lot but wanted to see if the brass was consistent before buying more. Out of the box the 50pcs of brass weighed with in 1.1g 180.4 to 181.5, neck wall thickness measured with calipers at 4 points measured .014 with only 2 cases measureing .014.5 at 1 point. Neck tension and OAL were all over the map but not a big deal as I fully prep all my brass anyway. Needless to say I was impressed so I went to buy another box from PV but noticed sportsman had some in stock so I ran into town and bought a box thinking there wont be a huge difference...WRONG!!...I got home and started weighing the box from sportsman and the difference from one lot to the next was 13 grains...but the box from sportsman was very consistent as well with the same 1.1g difference from 166.3 to 167.4g. Well I cant shoot brass with a 13g difference in weight so I went back to sportsman and got another box from the same lot and it weighed 166.2 to 167.4g for a difference of 1.2 grains out of 100 cases which is perfectly acceptable for me...the lapua brass ive been shooting isnt that close, out of the box the lapua brass had a 2g difference in weight.
Once again the neck tenison is all over the map on the cases from sportsman and the OAL is short 2.014 but the neck walls are all .014.
I havent shot any of this brass yet but will report back after i do and again after i have a few loads on it but so far im very impressed by the consistency.