Quote Originally Posted by jerry shaw View Post
That is sure a nice group.

Most of my .260 shooting has been done with Lapua 139's over VV N-150. I found them at Powder Valley and have been very satisfied. The gun likes those really well. Having said that, it has a Shilen stainless bull barrel. We used the Lapuas at the Midrange Prone match at Camp Perry last year where we shot from 300 to 600 yards on the F Class targets. Every dropped point was caused by the shooter.

I had trouble finding 140 AMAX bullets last year, so I didn't do a lot of experimentation with them. The little that I did do with these bullets was very satisfactory. 120 AMAX worked well too.
ive shot the Amaxes in my 260 and my 300wm with no luck...i do shoot the 208g hornady BTHP in my 300 and it loves them....ive shot a lot of the 140g match hornadys with no luck until now. ive also shot 900 of the 139g lapuas and and around 700 of the 142g SMKs and my 260 loves both...my goal is to get the 140g horns to shoot as they are almost a $100 bucks cheaper per 1K.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
Nice shootin!
I'm still impressed with the Hornady 140 bthp's and their advertised BC is very close, I use .285 and the gets me to subsonic range, have to see what the air does after that.
In my barrel they shoot better than the Amax's.

With nosler 260 brass my H100V load with the bthp's was 41.5 and a CCI 200 primer at 2.850.
have you chronyed this load? i really like the 100V as it burns very cool as does the H4350...i shoot 5 rounds with the slower burning powders and my barrel is warm at the muzzle...i shoot 10 rounds of 100v and the barrel is barely warm at the for-end of the stock and cool the rest of the way out to the muzzle.