Thread: It has been a while guys

Basic Member

It has been a while guys

I know it has been a long while since I have been here. Yes I am still working on, and building, Savages in all kinds of odd calibers and in odd configurations. Currently have a left handed short action in 300 Blackout. I am getting ready to build some sort of integrally suppressed rifle, hopefully using a Savage. Projects are still really slow because of the 2008 helicopter accident but I am at least I am somewhat stable now in my day to day life. I am still using crutches, and will for life, as well as being unable to stand for more than 20 minutes at a time. Still rely on my wife to help me get dressed in the mornings, take a bath or do things that I used to take for granted. But even so I am grateful that I am still here. I took a hiatus during the "dark" times and I hope to spend a bit more time around now.

I just wanted to post this. Yes it is a bit self serving but you can also get some great deals.

It is a safe link and takes you to a place where you can find the lowest priced gun accessories, ammunition and reloading supplies.

https://gleam.io/bA0fr-jZgTA8

Thanks guys and if anyone needs anything or any help please let me know. Like I said I am still doing the same stuff as always, just a bit slower.

Welcome back. IIRC you were working with several wildcats for suppressor use. A 7.62x25 if memory serves was one that seemed to be successful for you. I look forward to some of your future posts on such topics, since that is about all I can do is read since Iowa is still a non-suppressor state.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Basic Member
    Glad to hear things are coming along Gordon, my best!

Team Savage
    Welcome back

Basic Member
    I was actually successful at building a gun that was pretty **** quiet without a suppressor. Yes it was based on the 7.62x25 and used some fast powders but with it I was able to launch a 200 grain bullet and it was as quiet as a subsonic 22lr out of a rifle.

Basic Member
    And as many of you may, or may not, know I have injuries that still plague me from a 2008 helicopter accident I was in while in Afghanistan. What clicking on that link does is give me some extra chances to win a nice reloading press. I reload everything I shoot and winning this press would make it a lot easier when I reload. How it will help is allow me to load ammunition in a shorter amount of time.

I understand this is a bit self serving because the link gives me extra chances to win a nice reloading press but, as many of you have seen, I would gladly help anyone else if they asked for a favor. Right now I use single stage presses and although I like them, and they are great for loading accurate ammunition, they are not the fastest for loading plinking ammunition. A progressive press would let me load more ammunition before I would have to stop and go back to bed.

So if you could click the link I would appreciate it and if you could share it I would really appreciate it. The more people that click on that link the better the odds of me winning one of these presses. So please click and share to help me out,

I'm on here 2-3 times a day, I'll click on it each time.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow