Hey all,

I was pretty excited when I picked up my left handed 111 for my upcoming deer hunt. Ive taken it to the range a couple times to sight it in and couldn't get anything more consistent at a 100yds than a 1ft spread. I assumed it was me since this is my first high powered rifle. Unsatisfied, I took the scope off the rail to make sure everything was good. Then I looked at the rings. The front was even and snug but the rear was not. One side was tightened all the way and the other had a gap. I loosened the tight side and proceeded to tighten the side with the gap. The allen screw never tightened until it hit the bottom ring mount. I then realized that it must have been stripped on assembly. I took it to the shop I bought it from today and he switched it out with a nice weaver mount. I then took it to the range and was shooting a 3 inch group at 200yds!! I was happily relieved! Figured Id tell about it so that it becomes clear that these combo rifles are not always securely fitted with a scope.

I hope to update this thread with a buck next weekend!