Thread: Watch fobs

Basic Member

Watch fobs

I found another watch fob to go with the bronze one I had. The opinions of those I have shown it to have been mixed with the majority questioning it's authenticity. I hope someone here may have some information about it.

The two are not the same in the small details, the feathers are much more detailed in the bronze one and most other details vary slightly which would be expected for a different engraving. A local Antique dealer determined the plating was about 32% Gold with the rest being mostly copper which would be about 8 karat. The rim on the gold plated one measures from .0005" to .004" thicker than the bronze one at various points, it also weighs about 7.5% more but I do not have a very accurate scale.

I took comparison pictures using several different settings & lighting but I also found that the camera would change adjustments from one to the other because of the different reflection, so there are some pictures taken side by side. The gold one has a bronze toning in spots where the plating is worn through that does not show up well in all photos.

I think the initials are FCC but do not know what they mean.

This picture is of one on top of the other showing the identical size of the two and some slight differences in the outer contour.

Neat, gonna be a search trying to figure out what those letters mean.

Where did you find that Gene?
    Savage- "never say never".