Thread: Rascal accuracy scoped ?

Basic Member

Rascal accuracy scoped ?

The little rifle has been on my mind every since I 1st seen it.
    Anyone ever scoped a Rascal and shot 50 yard groups using good ammo just to see what it would do?
    Would love to see some target pics .

fartsinpublic
    Just scoped my son's Rascal. He was plinking away at the turkey swinger at 75 meters at the silhouette range we shoot at.

We don't punch paper or shoot at groups so can't help you there, but it gets the job done.

Main area for improvement is now the stock, but we are left on our own to DIY that, I guess, as there are no off the shelf options for it.

(An adjustable LOP stock like the one on the RAR that could take a bipod (the plastic stock is to buzzy/flexy/etc) or sit well in a rest and allow kids to grow with the rifle would be great)

Here are some folks using Rascals in youth competition with good results: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=547334

It is a good starting point for smaller shooters. Teaches the basics with methodical single shot load-aim-shoot-reload repetition vs the ubiquitous kid-behind-a-10/22 going ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting-ting (with a BX-25 mag :) ) and not really learning much between the shots.

Basic Member
    If I get one it would be the wood stocked one. I think I could make a spacer to add to the end to increase the LOP. I think if its as accurate as Savages center fire rifles it would be a great pest control rifle for around the house and would be a hoot to sit down at the range and shoot tiny groups with LOL My buddies at the range would get a kick out of it as Im a bit of a joker LOL

fartsinpublic
    I don't know what kinds of pests you have in your house, but if it takes a rifle to keep their population down, they must be some big pests or really a big house...either way, enjoy it! You can come up with a new silhouette sport; cockroach, mouse, rat and possum targets at 5/10/15/20 yards indoors. Hahaha!

Basic Member
    LOL Who said in the house I said around the house. LOL When I was a kid I had a blow dart gun and use to pin flies to the ceiling and walls in my bedroom until dad noticed all the little holes, and that was the end of my blow dart career LOL

fartsinpublic
    Hahaha! I'm just jealous, I want to be able to shoot at critters around my house, too!

Grouseslayer
    I'm thinking of picking on up to hunt grouse with. My son has a Crickett and I just got it scoped, that thing is deadly and he is deadly with it but it is his. I like the way they rascal is made better and I would probably top it with the same scope I put on my sons rifle, its a good little Tasco 3-7x20mm. I am really impressed with it for a $17 scope.

Basic Member
    I have a red dot on my daughter's Rascal. I feel that a red dot is much easier/faster for kids to learn.

Rascal is a great deal at $150 considering it comes with accutrigger.

There are aftermarket stocks for the Rascal.

I put EGW base and red dot...and the only other change I"m making to the Rascal is going to have it threaded, so no more ear protection needed for my daughter.

Basic Member
    Aftermarket Stock ? Tell me more.