Thread: got the gun, now time to build

Team Savage

Question got the gun, now time to build

picked up my model 11 trophy hunter in 6.5 creedmoor. optics will be a bushnell elite tactical XRS and hoping to reach out to 1K with this setup after upgrades.

ive always been a remington guy so this savage kinda has me going in circles. ive already decided on the barrel but the stock upgrade is a major PITA. ive searched this forum and it seems savage is making guns in 154 different configurations. my gun has the bottom bolt release and the mag release built into the mag, seems no one offers a stock for this. do i need to just call the manufactures and get a straight answer instead on relying on websites???

also, looking for a good set of 34mm rings. local gun shop had some nightforce and leupold but they were $200.00 which was more than i wanted to spend. any suggestions are appreciated.

solvented
    To get a new stock on there. you're going to have to know if you're gun is long or short action, the spacing of the action screws, and you're going to have to get the metal versions of you're detachable box magazine system, and a metal trigger guard. then you would transplant the bolt release and everything over to the new stock. But i would call savage and ask, as i have not done it my self and this info could be off. As far as the scope ring's no idea.