Thread: Model 24F

mike4570

Model 24F

I just picked up another Savage 24, in this case an F model with the synthetic stocks, chambered 22lr./20 gauge magnum.
    I need to find a scope mount. This one has the block on the right side of the barrels drilled and tapped. Any leads would be appreciated.
    Thanks

sav250
    I know my 24 had "do not shoot shotgun with scope attached" and if I had my scope attached it was a dual groove on the .22 Magnum barrel above the 20 guage full choke 24" welded together barrels from 1969.
    I do not remember a way to side mount a scope on a 24 even though I had the .223 and the .357 and the .30-30 as the top over the 20 guage.

Can you show a picture?

mike4570
    When I get time I'll do the photo bucket thing so I can post a picture but for now I'll try to explain a little better.
    On the breach end there are 2 blocks attached to barrels, one on each side. They are about 1/4" thick, 3/4' tall and 1 1/2" long.
    The left side is drilled length wise for a rod that carries the extractor, the right side is drilled and tapped for a proprietary side scope mount.
    When I Googled the Savage 24F some pictures came up showing this mount installed. I might also have been shown in some of the Savage catalogues. My 24S has the grooves and the "do not shoot shotgun" notation.

sav250
    Yes I've seen that with the .223, .222, on the 24 model over the always 20 gauge. That block is made to withstand the centerfire rifle instead of the .357 or .22 Hornet or .22 Magnum or such. The .30-30 version has it as well. I've had them all.

The mount I am sure is available somewhere. This is the column to ask.

I am shocked no one else has responded.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.