Thread: stock bmag trigger guard needed

stock bmag trigger guard needed

Ok so the boy went to take the trigger guard off his gun and broke it, anyone have a guard I can buy

those wont work on the bmag, the bmag trigger guard is different than a standard savage otherwise I would just machine one myself, I solid modeled it and to machine one is REALLY complex... Even with my CNC 5 axis machine it would take more than one setup and then still might not work
    Last edited by misslebait; 11-16-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Basic Member
    To make just one on a cnc mill would not be worth the time. I set up to make several, and it takes 2 dedicated fixtures and a special radiused mill. You have to fixture the parts a minimum of 4 times. Unless your'e making a coupla dozen, it would be quicker to make it on a manual mill.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Yep and the way that it latches in the front not sure I can get it to work correct.. Easier to find a take off or wait till monday and talk to savage since this gun has other issues also... He just wanted to go hunt over the holiday in 2 weeks but he might just have to use another rifle instead

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    To make just one on a cnc mill would not be worth the time. I set up to make several, and it takes 2 dedicated fixtures and a special radiused mill. You have to fixture the parts a minimum of 4 times. Unless your'e making a coupla dozen, it would be quicker to make it on a manual mill.

Basic Member
    are you talking about the trigger guard on the original synthetic stock or a Boyds stock?

stock

Basic Member
    I already sold my syn stock off my skinny b-mag or I would have one, and I don't have my heavy barrel b-mag back yet from savage to take that one off ( boyds stock sitting here waiting like I am)

Well just got off the phone with Savage, Rifle is going back to them tomorrow..... owned it exactly 6 days...

That sucks. My very first Savage Model 10 had a plastic triggerguard. It broke too the first time I tightened the action screws- and they were loose when I bought it. Had to replace it immediately. I'm ok with plastic in non- critical areas for cost-cutting, but not on something like a trigger guard that is essentially a big washer for the rear action screw. That's not ok. I've made a point ever since, to check carefully for plastic parts before buying a new rifle.

what sucks is we have had the rifle a total of 6 days and we bought this for our hunt in texas over thanksgiving, now 6-8 weeks if we are lucky to get it back from savage... going to go get him another rifle to use while we are there.... I own 11 savage rifles and the quality on this one is HORRIBLE, and 6-8 weeks for replacement, come on!

I agree. That's why I said it sucks. They can and should do better.

Basic Member
    good luck on getting it back in 6 -8 weeks, they have had my HB B-mag since June 2nd replacing it