Thread: Takeoff stock from Model: 110 FCP HS Precision Interchangeability Action and Magazine

wcmd

Takeoff stock from Model: 110 FCP HS Precision Interchangeability Action and Magazine

I have found a good deal on a takeoff stock from Model: 110 FCP HS Precision chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum.
    Would like to know if this will work on my 110P chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum?
    I am assuming all the bolt spacing for connecting the action to the stock is the same for all Savage long actions?
    The stock comes with a magazine for .338 LM. Am pretty sure that this magazine will not work for my 7mm RM, but would a 300 Winchester Magnum magazine for a Model: 110 BA work in the HS stock with no modifications?
    Thanks for looking,
    wcmd

I may be wrong but I believe the 338 Lapua uses a special longer action for that big cartridge so it wouldn't fit your standard 110 long action.

wcmd
    I have almost completed my project.
    The stock bolted to my action no problem. I had to remove some metal and contour the rear of my receiver so the rounds would feed properly from the magazine. Also had to polish the bottom of my bolt. After all that work the rounds feed superbly!!!
    I have to take it to the range for a session and if all goes well I will bed the action and move onto a new project.
    Am very pleased with how this has turned out so far, by using the .338 Lapua magazine I can seat my 7mm bullets out as far as my chamber will allow, and not be constrained by the length of my magazine.
    Anyone else considering this conversion should go for it!! I am glad I did!!!!
    Last edited by wcmd; 12-05-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Discription change

wcmd
    Thanks to all whom contacted me!
    Savage Arms, a great rifle brings great people!!!!

Well, I stand corrected! lol