Thread: Tac Vector optics

Tac Vector optics

Greetings from West Coast... Has anyone here ever hear of this Company? They make a FFP MIL/MIL optic on the "cheap". Trust me I know cheap...(I'm a poor man). However this is right up my alley. inexpensive items that work. Not a whole lot of info out there. I have valued the opinions and expertise of the members here, so if anyone has any good or bad experience... Let me know. BTW it was an 8×32×50 about $300, I know there are multitude of scopes in this price range. I am curious about this one...thanks...

Never heard of them or looked through one, but generally speaking the glass and lens coatings used on high magnification "cheap" scopes isn't going to result in a good clear picture at those higher magnifications. As I've said countless times before on here, you'd be better served getting a higher quality brand/model of lesser magnification in the same price range, but I also know most ignore that recommendation as they falsely think magnification is more important than anything else. That said, I know how it is to want more scope than you can afford, and in that case the best you can do is do your research and find the very best possible scope you can for the amount of money you can afford. Best thing to do in this scenario is get as many opinions from others who own or have owned one that you possible can to make an informed decision.

One budget priced scope that seems to have a very good reputation is the Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP. A lot of guys here on this site personally own one or more and have nothing but great things to say about them.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ms-4-14-Review

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...opes_s/919.htm
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

So Baker, let's say I had a high end 9× scope and a mediocre 16× scope, the clarity of the 9× would be clearer, thus I could see my target better? I'be done well with my cheap scope, but I want clarity. I BTW I have poor eyesight. So thats what I'm doing .. Using hi mag to see better. I've never looked through a hi end scope....guess I should. But like most here..I'm on a tight budget.

LongRange
    Exactly what he is saying....your better off with a higher end scope with less power that a cheap scope with higher power....and just an fyi...i have a 8-32x56 night force scope and its been on 32x 3 times since ive owned the scope.

Basic Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTca3wF35Og

He has done a lot about shooting long range including how to select the best optic for long range shooting.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

JRexA
    I own a Vector Optics Grimlock 1-6x24
    For the price of us$ 150 shipped from China, it is a decent scope. Optics are comparable with a 1982 Kahles Helia S.
    But my Nicon Team Primos 3-9x40 is a tiny bit better, optically.

Light on the Grimlock is Red/Green, and that means you only have 5 levels. It is OK from daylight and start of dusk, but not really good.
    Mechanical quality is OK, except that the clicks for sideway adjusting are almost not there.

I will guess it compares to a brand name scope in the 200-250 price range, but when buying from China, you are on your own, if you need service or warrenty.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    Exactly what he is saying....your better off with a higher end scope with less power that a cheap scope with higher power....and just an fyi...i have a 8-32x56 night force scope and its been on 32x 3 times since ive owned the scope.
    I subscribed to this guy a couple years ago, smart dude. After much debate with myself, I'm gonna just try this PA scope, the 16x , I trust them , I have their micro dot on my shotgun, its solid built, I can only guess their scope is of equal workmanship. Hey thanks AGAIN, everyone here is well versed in firearm knowledge, I'm relatively new to shooting with magnified rifles. It's an addicting sport with a billion options and opinions, what I've learned so far I pretty much got it from this forum. I'm no dummy, I know smart when I see it..........

The only problem I had with my PA 4-14x44mm FFP was that the erector assembly was a bit sticky when I started dialing elevations for long ranges. Dan Newberry had me run the elevation turret up and down to its limits several times and the problem cleared up.

Basic Member
    If you can hold out for a few months, the big box stores should be having some pretty good deals on quality optics come Black Friday, maybe sooner around the time deer season opens in your state. B pro and Cab's are going head to head here in Texas and good deals seem to be more frequent now. Got a Vortex Viper HS 6-24 X 50 for $389 a few weeks ago. Sale was for three days but I got the last one they had just three hours after the sale started.
    Do your homework, check'm out in your local stores and be ready to call in with the dreaded Friday morning flu when the sale starts.

Basic Member
    I have (from memory) a Vector Optics Capricorn 4.5-14x44 ffp mil/mil(on my AR15), and a Vector Optics Counterpunch 6-25x56 ffp mil/mil on my 308/22-250 Savage setup. My cousin has a Vector Optics Paladin 4-16x50 ffp mil/moa on his 300 win mag. We are very happy with them.

Any of them will let us watch a .224 bullet and con trail out to 450yds(longest range we have to shoot at). We do prefer the Mil/Mil best.

The Capricorn does not have the full crosshairs, only the center part(hard to see on lowest setting. The others all have full crosshairs, they also have illumination for low light. Have had no problems holding zero. We do not like the low profile turrets, they are not Zero Reset-able. Their normal tall turrets can be taken loose with an allen screw and rotated to zero and tightened back down.

Have to watch specs though, some of the higher magnification scopes have a limited adjustment range. I believe my counterpuch is listed as 21mil adjustment on both axis.

The 3 scopes are all 30mm tube. When my next action arrives, it will more than likely get another Counterpunch scope.

I will say that the rings they come with are usable, but I put better ones on my Savage 308, will probably do the same on my next build.

Just thinking, the mil reticle seems accurate when compared to my laser range finder looking at a known target. The adjustments are reasonable close. The Capricorn is the only one that we could notice a significant difference on, the adjustment moves about 12% less than expected. On the capricorn, if I need 1 mil of adjustment, I move it 1.1mils; if I need 2mils, I move it 2.2mils.

Hope that helps,
    Adam.

Edit:
    I thought I should mention that I do not have any experience with any hi end scopes to compare them to. Before these, many years before, the best scope I had used was a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50? AO. If anything, I would say the clarity was equal or maybe just slightly better than the Vector Scopes.
    Last edited by adammiddagh; 10-04-2015 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Adding Information.

Then there is the Super Sniper 10. 12, 16, 20 X single power.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Thanks Adam, I almost bought the PA 16x but just then the rep for Tac Vec outta Utah gave me some more info on this brand. I have the means to buy any scope I want, but I like to be the lone wolf on the limb, I like the obscure things. Burris, vortex and swfa are the norm, but I have to believe there are products out there that need to be given the chance. What this rep says this scope is even assembled with HD lenses, mil/mil adjustment,ect. So it's on its way, once I'm back from range I will post results and pics. I'll either have a new "go to " scope or a new target to shoot at...we'll see.......

Basic Member
    Glad to help.

Well ....both scopes came in, the Tac and the Primary... Liked both. Both sre very clear and very bright. However, this Primary is a super deal for the price. I ended up selling the Tac Vector to my buddy. I had to keep the PA for myself. Very happy.Thanks Baker for the push. I'm buying another H/B .308, I assure you it will be topped with the PA HUD scope.

Basic Member
    Primary Arms is also test bedding a 6-30 power version that they are expecting to bring out in a couple months. Probably the upcoming shot show I'd imagine.

Tac Vector optics

I have also seen some scopes from China but didn't know a lot about them. I found this one on eBay the last one sold for 240. It says made in USA but only sold in China??? I looked on optics planet and this scope should be like 1400(the one that's made in Germany)..I know Zeiss makes some really nice stuff but I didn't know they made cheaper scopes. I wonder what the differences are?
    Last edited by Russ77; 10-21-2015 at 04:37 AM.

Tac Vector optics

Correction it says assembled in USA and I found it online for 699. So 240 was a pretty good deal
    Last edited by Russ77; 10-21-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Primary Arms is also test bedding a 6-30 power version that they are expecting to bring out in a couple months. Probably the upcoming shot show I'd imagine.
    I'd be interested to test one myself, but 30x has got to be pushing either their glass or the price point.

Basic Member
    They seem to be doing quite a bit of testing with it. Glass looked respectable and it was stated they want the price to be reasonable. Won't be a Gen II Razor, but maybe competitive with the Bushnells, Burris, and PST.

Beware

Quote Originally Posted by Russ77 View Post
    Correction it says assembled in USA and I found it online for 699. So 240 was a pretty good deal
    I have a friend from Malaysa, I showed him this scope from EBay months ago, the seller was from there, he told me it was more than likely a counterfeit, I recall looking on a legit. Website and the same model was selling for for around $700.00. He told me that he can have one of his family members' send me a Leupold, for about $250.00, a VX model 20x, we all know that's about an $850-$900 scope. So I would be Leary about it, mind you this guy wears a $100.00 Rolex, you guessed it from his homeland. Don't take my word for it, but bro you're gonna get burned!!!!!