Hi everyone,

I finally got my Boyds Prairie Hunter stock (Looks amazing!), but have run into some trouble. I initially intended to make my own bottom metal component, but upon some close up analysis I think it will cause me more pain than pleasure to continue down this path, and I am opting to buy the bottom metal.

I don't want to buy the bottom metal components from third party companies due to price (~260.00 to put on a 100.00 stock?!) and aesthetics, and would like to purchase the OEM style from Savage. Since I have a 111 international trophy hunter (tupperware stock, bottom bolt release) in 30-06, I am unsure how to find the required part without the serial number from a gun with a wooden stock.

From Boyds:
"If you have a XP model with a synthetic stock, you will need to purchase the bottom metal component system through Savage or any aftermarket component supplier. Due to the many variations of trigger guards that have been used for Savage Actions. Boyds uses a flat bottom metal design....These stocks are designed for the 3 piece design DBM parts as found on wood stocks"

I would also like to purchase a a metal trigger guard (bottom bolt release) from savage, and found a parts number on another post:
TRIGGER GUARD ASSY MATTE RI - PN: 107217 $26.00 (http://www.savageshooters.com/archiv...p/t-33129.html), though I was hoping to verify it before I order.

So, assuming asking for the serial number from someones gun isn't a major taboo (I feel like it probably is...) anyone willing to part with said information? Or look up the serial numbers for the parts in question? ...or tell me I actually need something totally different? aha

*** I would prefer the bottom metal to actually BE metal, but I know there is a plastic version and would consider this option if the info is available ***

Thanks in advance! I've learned a ton from perusing Savage Shooters so far!

P.S. Can anyone confirm that Savage will ship to a home address in Canada?