Thread: Component/ammo shortage? Is it over?

n4ue

Component/ammo shortage? Is it over?

OK, I guess I'm still in shock. I went to a Gander Mountain last week and they actually had 22 lr ammo ON THE SHELF!
    Yeah, it was thin, but there. Next, I saw a bunch of powder. OMG
    Last Saturday, I went to my favorite lgs to order a new rifle. His shelves were overflowing with ammo, bullets, and powder, even the rare H414.
    This is in Florida, so your mileage may vary, but is sure gettin' better!

ron

Now if the prices would just come back down to earth..

michaelnel
    Some places like Powder Valley have held the line on reasonable prices all through this shortage fiasco. We should give them our business instead of the price gougers.

I don't think it's over yet, but it is definitely getting better. More tough-to-find items are being found, but there are still some unicorns out there.
    "The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

Basic Member
    Components are slowly coming back on most items, but powder is still missing and prices are considerably higher than before. I am still looking for Ramshot powders.

Basic Member
    The shortage will be over once Varget becomes plentiful to order again
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelnel View Post
    Some places like Powder Valley have held the line on reasonable prices all through this shortage fiasco. We should give them our business instead of the price gougers.
    one of the few places i buy from.

loneranger04
    Powder Valley is a great place to deal with. That's where I buy most of my components but since I'm in Kansas I have to pay sales tax. I've bought a lot of Varget and h4350 there the last couple of years but you have to be vigilant to catch it. Usually it's gone within a few hours. Guess you know it's fresh that way.

I am seeing Varget all over...

Also, if you are near eastern PA, T&T Reloading has kept their prices respectable throughout... Luckily its 45min from me so no hazmat charges!!!

It's a shame that shipping this stuff is so difficult. If only we could sell/trade powder on our classifieds, the way we do with non-hazardous shipping items like barrels, it would sure be nice.

D.ID
    A calm before the storm.
    22lr getting better, powder availability is better but still not good, primer availability is hit or miss depending on specific brand.
    Now we are in the brass shortage.
    Try finding domestic made brass in calibers other than 223 or 308 and you'll see what I mean. Remington and winchester brass must be produced in a vacuum these days.
    While lapua still has good availability, hornady is becoming more pronounced in the market place and nosler is doubling there price just to see if the market will bear it..........rem, win and fed all seem to be dead in the water. Old stock at dramatically inflated prices is all I see around here.
    I see I am not the only one considering buying factory ammo just to pull and throw away the factory bullets and powder in order to get a specific brass.
    Given the still unchecked runaway treason from the executive branch of the government: Any of the problems in availability that have come up recently could explode overnight again at any time.

Basic Member
    I have found a lot of powders in the past few months, about the only ones I was looking for and didn't find on the shelf was Accurate 2200 and Alliant Red Dot and the same place has had 22LR on the shelf

It's still hit or miss in central Georgia. 22 LR has gotten a little better.

We have no rimfire in my area in new York but centerfire ammo is coming back strong. Primers and powder are way better but bullets still need improvement .
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!