Thread: Fat ******* and 300 win mah

Basic Member

Fat ******* and 300 win mah

Like the title says.Anyone out there using a Fat ******* brake on their 300 win mag?Opinions please.

LongRange
    have you looked at the JP enterprise brakes? ...this is the JP recoil eliminator on my 300WM...not pretty but VERY effective.

Basic Member
    I shot one on a 300 Norma. I've used the JP as well. The FB is impressive enough that I bought one for my 338 Lapua improved build.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoover1973 View Post
    Like the title says.Anyone out there using a Fat ******* brake on their 300 win mag?Opinions please.
    You decide >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLMof4P8Hk

Basic Member
    I emailed APA before I saw the video .He has a heavy 300 win mag like mine.He said on his it reduced recoil to that of almost 223.Hell right now I would be happy with around 308 somewhere.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoover1973 View Post
    I emailed APA before I saw the video .He has a heavy 300 win mag like mine.He said on his it reduced recoil to that of almost 223.Hell right now I would be happy with around 308 somewhere.
    There's a lot of effective muzzle brakes out in the market. I too checked out the APA's FB but went with JP Enterprise Beenie Cooley MB on my .270 AI ~2 years ago.

... and here's a video while fireforming >>>

Since then, 3 guys from my squadron have it on their .300 Win Mags (2 TC Ventures and 1 Tikka T3 light) and all are very pleased. Here's one of the TCs that I installed the scope on for them.

I have a Benchmark tactical mini MB (http://www.benchmark-barrels.com/Ben...le_Brakes.html) currently being installed on my .300 WSM. On my own .300 Win Mags, I have Holland's QD and custom MB similar to the QD but has 4 ports on the side.

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting.
    Last edited by FEENIX; 12-25-2014 at 11:11 AM.