Hi All,

I have 3 savage rifles and a new Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor. The action on the 12 LRP is much tighter than my other rifles and at first thought is was normal for the "target action" and might loosen up.

I have 100-200 rounds fire and it is still very tight. When there is no round the action opens and closes without problem. With a fired casing or go gauge action again opens and closes no problem. With a Factory round it is very difficult to close the bolt and extremely difficult to pull the action open after the round has been chambered. I have tried 3 different factory round (Hornady 120 match, Hornady 140 match, and Winchester 140 match) and it is the same with all three.

I put some black marker around the bullet and chambered the round and then with great difficulty pull the round out. Here is a picture of the round.

I am assuming this is a barrel issue? Send it back to Savage?

Another note is that is shoots OK 1-1.125 MOA but I expected better for this rifle. My savage PC 10 and FCP-K are both consistently subMOA so I don't think it is the shooter. Could this be causing accuracy issues?

Thanks,

Steve