Thread: looking for recommendations on cold weather, but tight fitting gloves for hunting

21Bravo

looking for recommendations on cold weather, but tight fitting gloves for hunting

I hate shooting with gloves. I like to feel the trigger. I would mainly use for winter predator hunting. Any thoughts?

JTCrl
    Move south. Tucson has lots of coyotes!

Frank V
    21Bravo
    Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is for a mitten not glove.
    I've used them here in the winter for a long time. The ones I get are the ones that the mitten part folds back & is held with a velcro tab. This lets you shoot with bared fingertips as the finger tips are open. They go for about $10 here, give them a look you might like them.

charb52
    I wear these
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cloth...3Bcat103999680

there not for super cold but it is enough to keep the my hands warm whens its 20-30 out. I wear them bird hunting allot and have n problem loading my shotgun feeling my safety and trigger ect.

D.ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank V View Post
    21Bravo
    Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is for a mitten not glove.
    I've used them here in the winter for a long time. The ones I get are the ones that the mitten part folds back & is held with a velcro tab. This lets you shoot with bared fingertips as the finger tips are open. They go for about $10 here, give them a look you might like them.
    If you have a chance to get the fold off mitten with the magnets instead of velcro, they are much better.
    You can put the little hot hands chem heaters in the mittens tip:)

GTOHunter
    Hmmmm....I use the real thin Camo Gloves,almost good enough to operate a touch screen phone!I'll look and see what brand they are and post back on here.Shop around and try different ones on...I have about 4 different brands for Hunting....Spring,Summer and Fall are fine for thin gloves but there are some moments in the Winter time when a You just have to keep Your hand and fingers warm to even hold a cold Rifle and pull the trigger.

I usually put on some thin cotton gloves then pull my thin Camo gloves over them for extra warmth...You could also put on the thin rubber surgical gloves then Your Hunting gloves over them!Another thing to try would be putting the small hand Warmers inside a Your gloves when out in colder weather!

What about a tight fighting pair of mechanics gloves. A guy I worked with used a pair all winter and he swore by them.
    He worked outside in phone repair all the time.

Similar to these...

http://www.amazon.com/Youngstown-Glo...chanics+gloves

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OI9DPCO?psc=1

Nandy
    My best pair of gloves back in the day came from REI and they were not that thick. I would second the advice of the mittens. I have since not use gloves anymore. I hunt from boxes for deer so all i need is a hand muff and I am good. I only use gloves if i am doing anything else. One of my hand muff even has a pocket for a hand warmer but I rather have the hand warmer in my hands in the few instances I have needed extra heat.

Good luck.

Basic Member
    Tighht gloves will be colder that loose ones/mittens.

DaveD
    Under Armor ColdGear Infrared Engage Run gloves. They even have a snot wiper on the backside. I kid you snot.

Basic Member
    +1 with D.ID. Be aware if you do use magnets in the glo-mitts, it will throw off your compass.

Frank V
    21Bravo

Have you found what you are looking for yet?
    Let us know.

I like cold weather nomex flight gloves military issued ones. They are not real tight, but not near as bulky as other big gloves. They were designed for pilots so they allow easy finger movement and control.

Frank V
    21Bravo???

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...es/1226952.uts
    I used this and love it, I used it to in CO with 60 mph wind and 20 F to -20 F,
    newbie from gr, mi.