Thread: Savage model 10T Cabelas only

nmrat

Savage model 10T Cabelas only

I just bought a new Savage model 10T at Cabela's. The Savage web site does not list this model or the serial number. It is a heavy barrel .308, accutrigger, accustock (black) and has a scope rail already mounted. It also is a short action bolt with a large knurled handle. This is my first Savage firearm. So what model is this rifle based on?

.... well, a model "10T", just a SWAG would be based on the model 10; just like it's name says.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    Yeah, I am not quite following you. You described it well. It is what it is. Sounds like a nice rig.

What I would do is look at the models close to your description and that will tell you anything you might not know. Cabelas and others spec a rifle out so it is only sold through them but it isn't any different than the rest of the savages out there except for the additional items they speced are slightly unique like the bolt handle and barrel configuration. Like I said look at the models at savage and you can use it as a reference only. The serial number might not work at savage parts finder but someone can loan you a serial number from a model that closely matches your rifle to look up factory parts. The next thing you should do is clean the barrel spotless before you fire it as the factory doesn't always do a great job of this which can cause minor irratations like oil in the chamber would raise chamber pressure and cause flattening of primers.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

It is pretty much just what you said it is: a Model 10 only available through Cabela's. From the picture on the Cabela's website, it looks like it's a bottom bolt release with what I expect is the new style magazine. It's not really based on anything other than the newest iteration of the Model 10. Cabela's just contracted with Savage to put some tactical gubbins on it and call it the "10T". I should note, this isn't to say those gubbins are bad, in fact they're all upgrades I've made myself.

For what it's worth, I bought this gun in a hurry and topped with a Vortex Viper, 2 days later was shooting 500 yards. My best group at 500 was 3 1/4 inch 5 shot group. Incidentally my 100 200 and 300 yards groups are 1 inch, 400 was just a tad over 2 inches. This gun is great, the Accustock leaves a lot to be desired and will be replaced soon. Then we will go to 1000 yards

ThatXtremeGuy

Magazine for Cabelas Exclusive Model 10T

Just picked up one of these over the weekend. Seemed like a lot of bang for the buck. Having a hard time finding magazines for it though. Has anyone found a compatible higher capacity magazine for this "cabelas exclusive" model 10T?? The 3 guys behind the counter weren't much help. I called Savage and they have oem replacement 5 round mags for $52. Figure I'd check here before settling for another 5 round mag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Jay

FORVOLS
    I have a 110/10 FCP-SR it came with a 10rd mag. I bought a 5rd accumag from brownells works great. They also have the 10rd accumag.

Not having seen your gun not sure ours use the same magazine. Just passing along the info regarding accumags

An Accumag will not fit, there are a couple aftermarket places that make them though, SSS and Ratmag are two. The rifle is simply a heavy barreled .308 Win with an Accustock, large knurled bolt nob from the BA series and what seems to be an EGW rail on it. As stated earlier, they were made especially for Cabela's,
    More shooting, less typing.

Team Savage
    I have the same rifle and love it. Without trying to hijack this post........ I think I'd like to try a replacement/aftermarket stock. Something like a Choate Tactical????? Is the rifle a "Center" or "Stagger" feed, or Detach Mag?

Suggestions for a stock would be welcomed!!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlnft View Post
    I have the same rifle and love it. Without trying to hijack this post........ I think I'd like to try a replacement/aftermarket stock. Something like a Choate Tactical????? Is the rifle a "Center" or "Stagger" feed, or Detach Mag?

Suggestions for a stock would be welcomed!!!
    it's a center feed DBM