Thread: First try and at a bolt knob mod

First try and at a bolt knob mod (revised)

so far i had fun doing it, but well, i think honestly when funds allow ill buy a new bolt handle and send it off to have this done professionally but for the time being this is pretty cool, different and works,, never know may just shorten the handle a bit and keep this set up just to stay different

and pix

soo yeah only took about 30 minuets of looking at my axis and i just couldn't take it looking like that so i revised the design a bit and honestly now its just right and looks pretty good to me

Last edited by nathantc; 11-05-2014 at 06:05 PM.

That's pretty cool. Just for kicks you should have took it to the range before you painted it just to turn some heads with the screw driver sticking out lol

lmfao hahaha, yeah but i live on 20 acres where i can shoot whenever i want,, only kills this rifle has had so far though are about 9 crows so far at just over 200 yards,, **** accurate for such a cheap rifle,, cant wait to get a better stock though,, trying to figure out how much work it would take to modify a choate tactical stock to fit and if i should go long action or short action for starters, i know it will not just drop in but i also know if the screw spacing is close enough i can make it work so that i have the full length aluminum bedding block

but most likely going with a boyds pro varmint (tacticool) then pillar and glass bed it, but honestly rather get the choate to fit,,, seen it done on here some where but cant seem to find it now

I like it! The unpainted version definitely would have turned heads. Still, if it works, that's the most important thing.

honestly was going to replace with a professional job but the more i look at it the more im thinking of leaving it just like this,, i like it to, but may still replace with a new craftsman screwdriver that isnt beat and banged up before hand,, and go a bit lighter on the paint too

fyi, clean plastic with break cleaner and paint before it has time to fully evaporate and that paint absorbs into the plastic and will not come off,, even when i put it in the vice only 30mins after painting it to cut and shorten it it didnt come off

With a handle that long, bolt lift should be less than nothing. I like it, just because it's different. I've got an old PBR beer tap handle laying around, hmmmmm...
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

its really the same as most custom knobs now,, only 2" but yeah it did help with that for sure not that i noticed it as a problem any how

Basic Member
    nathantc,

I know this was posted months ago, but I like the look of that, and want to do it to my own Axis.

Is the screwdriver handle attached by threading the Axis bolt handle, or is it attached by some other method?

oh wow i did not show that did i lol,,, yeah i cut the ball leaving only enough of it that it would leave a landing the same size around as the round part of the screwdriver handle, then drilled and tapped the handle, used a piece of all thread and threaded the two together

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    And you guys laughed at me when I used a toilet bowl flush handle...
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Well, I didn't, but only because I didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    And you guys laughed at me when I used a toilet bowl flush handle...
    thats not really a bad idea either, seen lots of other things since this that may have came out better but its its still like this and i still love it just like it is