Apparently, I recently scored one of the last remaining 10FCP-SR's (NIB), and have been looking at scopes. I've done my homework and have narrowed my options to the following two: Weaver tactical 3-15 (800363) and Vortex Viper PST 416F1-M. Obviously, cost came into play. My budget is firm, btw. I've spent countless hours narrowing down my options to just two, and would appreciate any insight.

Does anyone here have any comparison info between these two? If I were to be open to the 6-24 PST, it seems the reviews I've found favor it. I'd rather stay on the lower end of the magnification scale. Reviews of both scopes are gleaming, with the occasional bad experiences being had with both.

Prices are about equal, although I have found the Weaver for nearly $200 less than the Viper. I have had my hands on a SFP PST, and I assume the FFP would be comparable. I wasn't blown away, but it was a nice scope for the money. There is a lot of hype over the Vortex scopes, most heard is the quality is that of scopes priced twice as high. I didn't get that impression with the Viper, although it seemed to be on par for the cost. That does seem to hold true for some of the lower option/cost scopes in their line. I live within driving distance of a Cabella's and Palmetto State Armory, so I've been able to handle some really nice optics, including pretty much everything Vortex has to offer. Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to see the Weaver.

All that said, I've been sold on the PST, and I'm sure I'd be happy with it. However, the Weaver seems to be worth a strong consideration, with 90% of the reviews I've found, giving the optical edge to the Weaver.

Thoughts...and thanks, in advance.