Thread: 1:8 twist B.mag ?

Basic Member

1:8 twist B.mag ?

Has anyone received and confirmed a new B.mag with a 1:8 twist barrel ? I have heard the rumors but have not see a confirmation or range report.

Basic Member
    that is what I have been told from Cynthia at Savage, that is the main reason I have waited since june to get the new replacement back

hopefully soon, e-mail from Cynthia I got today

Hi Jeff, I talked with my production manager and they said the Bmags are in finishing and are coming up to be tested before shipping. They will be here this week and next. Once they are tested they will be shipped out. I am thinking your replacement should be in this batch.
    Cynthia

WindSurgeon
    What is the twist rate on the original and will they switch out the barrel at no charge? My B-Mag does not shoot the 25 grain bullets at all. I am getting 3-5 inch groups with the 25's. After much stock work, I am not getting .5-1" groups with 20 grain ammo.

Basic Member
    Original twist is 1:9. My skinny barrel Bmag shoots the 25s better then the 20s ....go figure.
    Last edited by gsperaz; 11-05-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Reeseman
    One of my hunting buddies received his replacement heavy barrel b mag with the 50.00 upgrade last week . He checked the twist rate several times with the patch and rod method and confirmed its a 1 in 8 twist . He has not fired it yet but says the stock is strait in the barrel channel and does not come close to contacting the barrel like the original ones did . He says the stock is stiffer than his original also . His test target that was included had all holes touching .

Basic Member
    Cool, thanks Reeseman.

syvairgunner
    I have had my new 1.8 SS Heavy Barrel out twice now and can only say that it is accurate. Sub half inch groups at 100 yards no problem, this is a great improvement from the skinny barrel and the SS Heavy Barrel 1.9 and I have all three. It is a joy to sit at the bench hold squeeze and see the dot right were you want it on the target 100 yards away time after time. I checking the local squirrel population they seem to not care for the accuracy in that they are losing friends and relatives at a high rate, just a head sticking out of a squirrel hole does not mean there safe. Shooting 20 grns so far.