Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable shooting bench

Basic Member

Speaking of fishing yobuck, how was the mullet run this year.

Basic Member
    I dont target mullet but quite a few guys in the area i live do. Many in that area wade and cast net for them.
    Ive actually not eaten mullet although im told its very good. I lived in the keys for 10 years and there we used
    them as a live tarpon bait. 14 degrees here in N C PA this am and the bear and deer seasons havent started yet
    at least for rifle. I didnt go outside today and im beginning to wonder why i keep doing this. lol

Basic Member
    I use them for bait, everything in the surf chases them.

Nandy
    So, are we going to see some action on that table or what? lol!

Basic Member
    I'll try 200-350yrd targets when the deer hunters get out of the woods. Couple guys are set up on the pastures down range and there's about 6 weeks of gun season, bad news for small game hunters.

Nandy
    Yeah, deer hunters, I seen one or two of that kind... That is the reason I cant shoot at my lease, right after deer season comes small game, then turkey then they are scouting for deer again so there is people there all the time. I could find a couple of weekends out of the year that I could shoot the 300 yards sections but that is not worth the time but just to verify POI.

Basic Member
    I don't mind the deer hunters much after about a month, they get their fill and the traffic on the road slacks off. I do think NCWRC treats small game hunters like ******* children.

Nandy
    I have 3 down, donated one to one of my fellow hunter with less luck and an empty freezer, donated one to the "feed the hungry" program and one to one of my best friends that cant get to hunt anymore. Now it is my turn but I have not been able to go for over 3 weeks and now I am on call for 2 weeks so it is not happening. I might end up with an empty freezer myself. Good thing is I dont depend on deer meat for sustenance. I do like deer meat and that will make the rest of the season the most interesting now, If I get to go....
    We have quite a few of rabbit hunters in the club, we have squirrels coming off our butt, quail, more and more coyotes (not that we want those), but no groundhogs nor hawgs.... I would like groundhogs just for the target practice and the hawgs for the BACON!!! But you know, we cant have it all.... ha! Crow season starts on Nov 1st so them things better stay up in the trees around the time I pack to leave or they will be my version of groundhogs....

curlymaple42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
    Love the picture of the young one in the background whit his ears covered but seems to be having the time of his life, just like my son would!!!
    Good luck with the project!
    THIS!!! Lol!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12